BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
TheGuestSpeaker
The Timo Glock of Chicago
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 4Runner, '13 135is 6mt

Free Beer in Chicago

Putting a feeler out now, my 135is is scheduled to show up the first week in June. I am looking to install a Bilstein B12 kit and Dinan camber plates and am trying to see if anyone in the area has experience working on a 1er/would want to help.

I changed out all of the struts and springs on my previous STi, so I have a general idea of what I'm doing, it would just be nice to have someone to help make sure things go smoothly.

Any help is appreciated as I've reached out to a few shops and have quotes ranging from $475-$900 for install of these parts. Unlimited pizza and beer of your choice provided while wrenching and at least a 6 pack on top to take home.

Also figured this might be a good way to meet other 1 series owners in the Chicago area as I'm new to the whole BMW scene.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
revo 3vom
It's move over
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deep Green Metallic 335xi

I'm game and have a good location and tools to do it. Spring compressors are crucial.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Shake
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

I'll join for the free beverages and pizza.

Deep Sea Blue | Saddle Brown | N52 | LCI
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuestSpeaker View Post
Putting a feeler out now, my 135is is scheduled to show up the first week in June. I am looking to install a Bilstein B12 kit and Dinan camber plates and am trying to see if anyone in the area has experience working on a 1er/would want to help.

I changed out all of the struts and springs on my previous STi, so I have a general idea of what I'm doing, it would just be nice to have someone to help make sure things go smoothly.

Any help is appreciated as I've reached out to a few shops and have quotes ranging from $475-$900 for install of these parts. Unlimited pizza and beer of your choice provided while wrenching and at least a 6 pack on top to take home.

Also figured this might be a good way to meet other 1 series owners in the Chicago area as I'm new to the whole BMW scene.

Thanks
You get these installed yet? Available to assist.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
TheGuestSpeaker
The Timo Glock of Chicago
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 4Runner, '13 135is 6mt

I'm waiting, was going to go the strut/spring route but am debating coilovers instead. Regardless I'll be sure to reach out for help with the install. How was the track day?
Appreciate 0