Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
UK 450 And out possibly ?

Does anybody know if the 450 UK 1M's are now sold out ?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Guess its pretty close.

My dealers demo (due October) is now going to be a customers car/allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340d

I'm still pondering myself whether to pull the plug on a new 1M before it's too late!

Problem is that I can't get a test drive and I'm reluctant to buy a car (so expensive) without one. I have contacted my local dealers in the North East UK and all of them don't seem that bothered to try and get hold of one for me.

Does anyone know how allocations of 1M's are done to dealers or is it just each dealer can order as many as they can sell until the 450 allocation is gone?

Do some dealers pre-order them for demo cars knowing that they will sell them anyhow? Anyone know of any dealers who are getting a 1M in that hasn't been sold?

I did read somewhere that there have been a lot of cancelled orders although not sure how far from the truth this is and the reasons why?
      06-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyvrs View Post
I'm still pondering myself whether to pull the plug on a new 1M before it's too late!

Problem is that I can't get a test drive and I'm reluctant to buy a car (so expensive) without one. I have contacted my local dealers in the North East UK and all of them don't seem that bothered to try and get hold of one for me.

Does anyone know how allocations of 1M's are done to dealers or is it just each dealer can order as many as they can sell until the 450 allocation is gone?

Do some dealers pre-order them for demo cars knowing that they will sell them anyhow? Anyone know of any dealers who are getting a 1M in that hasn't been sold?

I did read somewhere that there have been a lot of cancelled orders although not sure how far from the truth this is and the reasons why?
Cancelled orders not sure if thats correct ?

It says NE UK for your location, where exactly ? Grassicks in Perth have a demo 1M but not sure if thats too far away for you ?

There is also an approved used 1M on At Soper's that should be available for test drives.

But if all else fails the reviews are pretty conclusive and i have bought mine with no test drive
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Yours is due anytime soon now isn't it Denso?

Had a feeling yours was near mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #6
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Cancelled orders not sure if thats correct ?

It says NE UK for your location, where exactly ? Grassicks in Perth have a demo 1M but not sure if thats too far away for you ?

There is also an approved used 1M on At Soper's that should be available for test drives.

But if all else fails the reviews are pretty conclusive and i have bought mine with no test drive
I'm in Middlesbrough so Perth is around 4+ hours drive from me.

I have just seen the Soper car in Lincoln from another thread so I may have to drive 2 hours to get a test drive.

Does anyone know what the lead time is on a 1M from a new order?

I have also read that some have been fortunate to manage a good discount on one. Please feel free to PM me and let me know which dealer this was at if it's inappropriate to discuss on a public forum. Thanks

Edit: Just phoned Soper and they have told me that they will not give me a test drive unless I put down £2k deposit as they have to get the car up from Surrey as it's the MD's car and they can't release the demo until after 3 months. On top of that, the salesman has told me that all 450 have been sold and allocated and I will no longer be able to order one to my spec! Never mind... looks like I've saved £40k

Last edited by sootyvrs; 06-04-2011 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Was at my dealer this morning. All their cars now gone. They had a cancelled order 1M in white that sold after 2 hours in the showroom...
      06-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm in Middlesbrough so Perth is around 4+ hours drive from me.

I have just seen the Soper car in Lincoln from another thread so I may have to drive 2 hours to get a test drive.

Does anyone know what the lead time is on a 1M from a new order?

I have also read that some have been fortunate to manage a good discount on one. Please feel free to PM me and let me know which dealer this was at if it's inappropriate to discuss on a public forum. Thanks

Edit: Just phoned Soper and they have told me that they will not give me a test drive unless I put down £2k deposit as they have to get the car up from Surrey as it's the MD's car and they can't release the demo until after 3 months. On top of that, the salesman has told me that all 450 have been sold and allocated and I will no longer be able to order one to my spec! Never mind... looks like I've saved £40k
Grassicks is 4 hours away and they have a white demo, might still be worth a call
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Yours is due anytime soon now isn't it Denso?

Had a feeling yours was near mine.
Yes it is supposed to be built this coming week, i expect to be picking it up 1st of July. I hope that it is ready as i am coming back into the country especially for this.

When is yours due ?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Yes it is supposed to be built this coming week, i expect to be picking it up 1st of July. I hope that it is ready as i am coming back into the country especially for this.

When is yours due ?
Virtually same as yourself. Start build on Monday, delivery for 4th July though delivery has definitely come forward a week but it may have already started production.

A week ago last Thursday it was received by production control!

Thats the step just before it enters the body shop so you may have a ncie surprise!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Virtually same as yourself. Start build on Monday, delivery for 4th July though delivery has definitely come forward a week but it may have already started production.

A week ago last Thursday it was received by production control!

Thats the step just before it enters the body shop so you may have a ncie surprise!
Should be a great first week of July for both of us if things go according to plan
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
SIM1er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M

When I ordered mine just over a week ago I was told approximately 50 were still available although today they said it could be as many as 70, not sure anyone really knows for sure.

Today I test drove the 1M demo that is doing the rounds of various BMW dealers (at a Barons BMW event) and I really cannot wait to get my hands on mine in September, it really is going to be a great replacement for my 130i. Seriously fast, great handling, superb stopping power and contrary to many reviews a good ride quality in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

Just been into my local dealer and they have told me that they will check with BMW UK on Monday to see if they are still available to order so will wait to hear from them.

The dealers round my way have told me they are not getting a demo so won't be able to test drive!

Sim1er - did you get some details of which dealers will be getting the demo for test drives? Where are you based?
      06-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #14
SIM1er
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Just been into my local dealer and they have told me that they will check with BMW UK on Monday to see if they are still available to order so will wait to hear from them.

The dealers round my way have told me they are not getting a demo so won't be able to test drive!

Sim1er - did you get some details of which dealers will be getting the demo for test drives? Where are you based?
Sorry don't know where it might go next. This was an event in Surrey I attended today. I believe it was a BMW Press Car they had.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 12:58 PM   #15
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM1er View Post
Sorry don't know where it might go next. This was an event in Surrey I attended today. I believe it was a BMW Press Car they had.
Hey. Which Barons in Surrey was it? Was it the black 1M?

Cheers,

Mark.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

I specced mine this week and dealer reckoned they were sold out nationwide!

PS Im in the NE too!

Last edited by biggles; 06-04-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #17
SIM1er
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Hey. Which Barons in Surrey was it? Was it the black 1M?

Cheers,

Mark.
It was Barons Hindhead, they only had it for this weekend and was fully booked out. It was a White one, not yet seen black in the flesh but have ordered it regardless.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

you already have a 1... the handling isnt THAT Different.. keep waiting for a test drive of a limited edition model in which every one comes in is SOLD and you likely won't get one. I mean really.. it's not like you are driving a FWD MINI or something... is it better than your car ? YES. Is the right a little firmer.. Sure.. probably 10-20%. is the ride harsh? NO. What else do you need to know? Wait around too long and you'll have to buy Alice's car....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM1er View Post
It was Barons Hindhead, they only had it for this weekend and was fully booked out. It was a White one, not yet seen black in the flesh but have ordered it regardless.
Cheers. Looks good in all colours but glad I went black too.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
sootyvrs
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
you already have a 1... the handling isnt THAT Different.. keep waiting for a test drive of a limited edition model in which every one comes in is SOLD and you likely won't get one. I mean really.. it's not like you are driving a FWD MINI or something... is it better than your car ? YES. Is the right a little firmer.. Sure.. probably 10-20%. is the ride harsh? NO. What else do you need to know? Wait around too long and you'll have to buy Alice's car....
The one thing that concerns me is that the throttle response is too laggy. I test drove a N54 135i for 2 days and was very disappointed in this area compared to my 130i and previous M3's and this alone discouraged me from buying a 135i a couple of years back.

I have read it's better but I have also read that it's not as good as a NA bespoke M engine. How far in between is the question thats playing on my mind and a test drive would alleviate this.