BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW BMW 1M

Preproduction??

Hi guys, I Ordered a 1M 17 days ago, my salesman told me that he had an allocation at that time, I email him today to see the status of my car and told me that the car is in preproduction, sounds fishy, I put Down a 2K non refundable deposit, what do u think?
      06-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
!mspinster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 1M

He could be telling the truth, you should ask him for some proof like a production page with codes. I'm assuming you're afraid he'll run away with your down payment. Did you have a contract when you made the "non refundable deposit?"
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Punch your production number into the BMWUSA site and see for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
UNO///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW BMW 1M

I signed a contract but no production number yet. When I signed the contract he show me a document where It showed that he have a shell for a VO 1M, Delivery date 1st week of July. I ordered in AW, he said that he could make the change because at that point the car was just a shell. But still 2wks no numbers???
      06-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0

First of all...sounds like he does not know what he is talking about. The car is not a "shell" until production begins. They should be able to give you a production number - which is not the VIN. You can go onto the BMWUSA.com website, register, then enter your production number and track the progress. I would call you salesman, and ask for clarification. Do you have it ordered at Fields?

Also - just to let you know - if they have a DELIVERY date of the first of July, then you should definitely be able to track the car. My car just arrived in the US yesterday on the boat - and was actually produced several weeks ago. Sounds like the car has been previously ordered - either for someone else, or as a stock order. Get more information, as they should have it available if indeed it is supposed to be delivered to the dealer in July.
Appreciate 0