BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Legal advice on apartment

So I have a high class apartment on the lake with a patio. I received a notice of a lease violation stating that my patio is messy due to tires. I have my set of winter wheels neatly stacked up relatively out of site.

Here is what the lease states:

"Balconies or patios shall be kept neat and clean at all times. No rugs, towels, or laundry, clothing, appliances or other items shall be stored, hung, or draped on railing or other portions of balconies or patios."

I spoke to the property manager and she said that they reserve the right to decide what is acceptable. Also she said people pay a lot of money for a lake view. I go I do too, and the wheels are not in plain sight. You literally have to be 5 feet away from my patio, facing the apartment to see them. Apparently one of my douchebag neighbors (I have several crazy cat ladies) complained about it. WTF.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Cover the wheels with a Tarp?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Nothing you can do. I lived in a shit hole apartment. The only rule was when it snowed, you couldn't have anything on your patio because they shoveled. I left my stuff once and got a notice the next day. It basically said whatever is left will be "removed". Did it again and they threw all the shit away. Which was fine, because it was just a bunch of shit I was too lazy to carry to the dumpster in the snow.

You're fucked either way. Ask if you can cover them or something.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
You probably can't do it now since your cover is blown but you should have draped something over them to disguise the fact that they are tires. Tires aren't an attractive thing to most people and I can see why your neighbors complained. I would cover them with some type of draping that makes it look like a piece of furniture and you should be ok.

I'm on my condo board and have to deal with this type of BS all the time.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Alexander
United_States
Rep

They won't let me cover them. She goes can you take them inside? I go no they belong outside on the patio.

I figured that I was fucked. This place at first seemed awesome, but it is slowly going downhill. I cannot provide my own internet or television service. They make you pay for Direct TV and its shitty internet. My neighbors blow and its supposed to be gated with key cars, but they leave the gate open 24/7. They never salt or maintain the roads inside the club, so its just ice city here. Also there are all sort of crazy fees that they tack on the bill. None of this shit is in the contract at all. Doucher's.

/csb.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

No tires allowed? We'll see about that...

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #7
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
You probably can't do it now since your cover is blown but you should have draped something over them to disguise the fact that they are tires. Tires aren't an attractive thing to most people and I can see why your neighbors complained. I would cover them with some type of draping that makes it look like a piece of furniture and you should be ok.

I'm on my condo board and have to deal with this type of BS all the time.
It is so dumb. I had a house before this, but sold it while I could, since I plan on relocating in under a year. Whole new region.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
I was renting some dudes condo a few years back and got a letter for HOA rules violation because my screen door had a 5" vertical cut in it.

Nothing you could do really. Perhaps neatly position your wheels and put a bench over them to look like they are part of your homemade patio furniture?
      02-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Alexander
United_States
Rep

End of story. I'll just store them at the mother in law's house in her basement. They are the womans tires anyways. Not worth the trouble. I fought them on principle alone.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #10
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
It is, but there's not much you can do. Do you have any friends in the area with houses that you could store them at?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Crap i thought these were like some nice back up or racing rims...we've been duped.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
I was renting some dudes condo a few years back and got a letter for HOA rules violation because my screen door had a 5" vertical cut in it.

Nothing you could do really. Perhaps neatly position your wheels and put a bench over them to look like they are part of your homemade patio furniture?
For real I need too. Someone else will just complain and my club will be assholes about it yet again.

What is fucked up is one neighbor has like 17 fucking cats. I think 17, because that is the most that I've ever counted. I bitched and nothing has been done. I called animal services and they can't do anything since it is a private residence.

Time to take matters into my own hands.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #13
Buegie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi

It clearly says you can't store anything there, I think that pretty much settles it. Do they let you put anything at all out there, like a table and chair?
      02-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Crap i thought these were like some nice back up or racing rims...we've been duped.
My track wheels stay inside!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #15
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Throw the tires in the lake but tether and tie them to your balcony with a long rope ......WIN!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
My track wheels stay inside!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #17
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Throw the tires in the lake by tether and tie them to your balcony with a long rope ......WIN!!!
LOL...use the Cat-lady as an anchor
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buegie View Post
It clearly says you can't store anything there, I think that pretty much settles it. Do they let you put anything at all out there, like a table and chair?
Yes... People store Canoe's and Kayaks, which are perfectly acceptable. It's a load of shit. People store shit all around me, its my douchebag cat neighbors that complained.

Like I said you literally have to be standing 5 feet away facing my place to see them. They are hidden behind a bush. The places are not really apartments, more town homes. The patio next door is about 50 feet away. There is no reason why my tires should be seen by anyone.

This is like that dude who was thrown in jail for public nudity. He was in his own home when a woman saw him while trespassing. BS.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
Alexander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Throw the tires in the lake by tether and tie them to your balcony with a long rope ......WIN!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #20
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Wait, if it's cold enough for you to need snows then why the fuck is anyone even out on their balcony?

The last apartment I lived in LA did this same shit, but in the parking garage. I got a note that said if I didn't move my wheels and tires by a certain date they'd be "removed" and I'd have to pay for their removal. So I moved them to my apartment balcony, meanwhile the other offenders who litterally had piles of shit (trashbags full of old cloths/rusty old bicycles, etc.) in front of their parking spaces never had their stuff removed even after their dates.

I'd tell them to fuck off and leave them. Then when people jump up on your balcony to "remove" them call the cops and tell them someone is stealing some off your balcony and you are scared because they look armed. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

damn I could never rent and live with stuff like this

I'd either have to move, kill myself, or kill them.
Less extreme would be random vandalism that no one could prove

I'd go crazy
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Less extreme would be random vandalism that no one could prove

I'd go crazy
I hated community living and am happy I'm out of it. Being subject to someone elses idiosyncrasies is always a drag. So happy I have a private garage and cool neighbors.
Appreciate 0