BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

08-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
booch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

DC/NoVa Scratch Repair (Detailing or Shop)

hi everyone. everyday reader, infrequent poster. question for you all on having a few fixes done to my car.

i currently park on the street in georgetown (DC), and found a few unpleasant surprises after returning from my latest business trip. seems one individual was kind enough to graze the side of my rear bumper while trying to park, while another somehow put a 4 inch scratch in my hood with some unknown object.

both locations on the car appear to be scratches that wouldn't necessarily require bodywork to fix (no obvious depressions), although i can't tell if they're too deep to be beyond the scope of a detailer's work (and thus require painting and a body shop).

can anyone recommend a good detailer that might be able to do this type of restoration (if possible, which i don't know), or an a+ shop that does this type of work? car is brand new and it kills to see damage like this already. looking for a high-quality result (i.e. willing to pay a body shop if that's the only route to a good fix).

thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

post a pix of the scratch. also see if your nail catches when you run it through.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
booch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

thanks for the response. here are pics of the two locations. the picture with (2) scratches is the bumper, the (1) is the hood. my apologies for the poor quality, i had to use my blackberry to take the pictures.

also, to answer your question: all three scratches do unfortunately catch on my fingernail.

thanks for your thoughts!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

looking from the pix and if it catches you nail, then there is very little that can be done.
Touch up paint may be your friend. Sorry. :-(
Appreciate 0