BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

BPM

04-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
rsimm750
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 SG 6MT

New Military Sales M3 Owner Checking In

Hey Guys/Gals

I will be taking delivery of my new 2011 E90/M3 at the PDC on May 18th and just wanted to give a quick intro maybe ask a question or two.

The car is Space Gray/black int, MT

Park Distance Control
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Technology Package

So the drive from the PDC back to Arlington is about 500 miles and I will be finishing the break in the following week while driving to see family. I did the purchase through the Military Sales Program and have no experience with any dealers in NOVA/MD area. Well except for the day I went to Arlington BMW and was ignored for 20 minutes.

I have read several posts since joining in March and at the risk of asking a question that may have already been asked. I was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation specifically for break in service? I am willing to get up earlier and drive a little further if it means I will not have any issues.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
parafrog1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330I

I can say that I was ignored at Arlington as well. After that I made an appointment with a sales rep to come drive and talk about buying an M3. I came to the front desk and informed the girl of my appt. I walked around for about 15 min, went back to the desk and asked what's up, where is my sales rep? I was told he was busy with another client; he'd be with me as soon as possible and that no one else was available to help me at the moment. I will never go back to Arlington. Fairfax was about the same; not really interested. I think that many of these reps have the attitude that the car will sell itself....no customer service. I know most people don't like being attacked as soon as they walk in a dealership, but you should at least be greeted and be told that someone is here to help you & feel free to look around. Just some freakin common courtesy...

I'm going to go to VOB in Rockville. I've heard really good things about their staff. I'll let you know what happens......
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
nice! thats the same winning color combo I got... Congrats.. posts photos
and go a a drive
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
RyuHayabusa
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 LMB M3

Not sure about service, but the sales team at passport bmw has always been good. Tom Foster has always offerred good prices and stays on top of everything.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Blade929
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ci - E90 ///M - 330 - X5D

Make sure you are varying RPMs on the highway. I picked up my first at the performance center in SC and it was a PIA to vary the RPMs and change gears driving back to MD on all highway. You might want to take the time and take it to Tischer which is just north of the beltway. Ask for Ryan as the tech. He comes to many of the CCA meets and works on most of the e90post guy's cars around here.
Appreciate 0