BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-05-2009, 02:11 AM   #1
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

An Old friend returns, LMB 135i

It was nice to see an old friend return to SBM late on Friday evening. I looked at her as she pulled up the driveway and straight away new it and made my way out to see her. The LeManns Blue 135i SBM 16 made it's way back for a scheduled service. It has now covered 46,000kms and due for a major service. The wear and tear on the car is less than i would have thought. I couldn't help it, i backed it out and had to take it for a spin. The BMW Performance seats looked brand new still, this surprised me the most, i thought the Alcantara would wear most on the seat base as it comes up quite high and i knock my leg getting in there, but it has held up much better than my stock seats in my 135i. The BMW Performance Steering wheel shows minimal signs of wear, the handbrake lever has come a little loose, the clutch spring is a little noisey, the BMW Performance suspension is brilliant, and the thing goes like a train. I took the car for a drive today and covered 60 odd kilometeres to get a good feel for her, gee this car rides way nicer than my car, the road holding manners are sensational, under full load it holds the road well with the BMW Performance suspension and Quaife LSD. My car jitters all over the place under acceleration, but i should be able to get my rear shockers back in soon which will be nice. I really like this car, i have an empathy with it, i just wanted to keep on driving and driving, what is it i like? Maybe the feel of the seats the most, the suspension is firm but not harsh so that suits me, i love the colour, the go is sensational, maybe this all adds up to 'MY' BMW pure driving pleasure. Ok that's enough, time to go for another drive......
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sounds great Andrew.
I gotta get me some of those seats (or at least one) and that suspension!
      09-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Good to see one car with tune are doing well. ... I am itchy for a tune now. Anyone wants my kidney?

I will find you in the new year when I get a pay rise