BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Han So1o
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 335i AW, M Sport with 19's

iPod Random/1st track issue

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you always have to select random when using your iPod. I hit OPTIONS and then select random. Then sometimes after playing a couple of songs, or if I go from radio to iPod, I sometimes have to select random over again. I tried selecting/deselecting shuffle on my physical iPod, and then selecting random in iDrive and still no luck.

Does it start all the way from the beginning(1st track) whenever you start your car or switch from radio to iPod? Sometimes i go in the car and it starts off where I left off, and then most times, it starts from the 1st track.

Both are starting to get really annoying. Any advice would help before I bring the car into service.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

I have this annoying problem as well. What iPod are you using?

I'm running a 2nd Gen 40Gig iPod classic. A friend hooked up a Nano (not the newest gen) with 'shuffle' on in the iPod settings and the car automatically played things randomly. So I'm not sure if it's related to the iPod or some other random quirk. But it's annoying as hell.

Of course, no help in the manual or the online documentation.
      08-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #3
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Mine does it too. I feel like its utter and complete BS that it does this. I paid how much for the ipod kit? And then how much more for the cable? And it can't even shuffle if I press random on the headunit. I have had MANY headunits (aftermarket and oem) that worked great with the ipod and now, after paying a SERIOUS premium for this unit, I get half-assed performance. Trust me, I am going to raise a great deal of comotion over this when I get to the states.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
Cali135
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

Ya I pciked my car up sunday and hooked up my Nano and found this out and was kind of pissed. The only way around this issue of it playing the same song over and over is by either selecting all tracks then you have the entire list of songs to play and skip to with the steering wheel control or just selecting the entire album with all the tracks checked to play in that album. I will have to try what you guys said and look at the ipod settings itself.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
Han So1o
Private
United_States
Rep

I dropped the car off and I'm supposed to pick it up next week. I'll let you know what they say. Hopefully they resolved the issue. I'll post after pick up.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
Han So1o
Private
United_States
Rep

so I finally got my car back with no fix. They said there is no fix at this time and it is probably my iPod since they are not getting this complaint from other 1 owners. I have the latest software in the car so they mentioned they'll keep me in mind in case a new software can repair this issue.

I'm glad my expectations are low for BMW electronics.
Appreciate 0