BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i MSport, Black S.M.

Ordered a 135i a week ago!

Hello all, I'm Jason, and I'm new to the board. I just ordered a 135i with:

Black Sapphire Metalic/ Manual Tranny
Black Boston Leather w/Arctic Silver Trim
M Sport Package
Ipod Adapter

This is the first new car I have ever purchased. As I am in the military and not participating in this recession, I figured you only live once so what the hell. I am a car nut and just finished restoring a '66 Porsche 912. Fun car, but I wanted something that had a lot of power and did not fall apart at 1000 mile intervals (beatuifully designed car, just really, really old). I initially wanted a 3, but the dealer talked me into driving the 135i. I reluctantly agreed but came back from the test drive a changed man. I HAD to have that car! Whoever buys the one I test drove is in trouble because I drove the wheels off of that thing and violated the break-in recommendations big time (that is unless you are of the "drive it like you stole it" school of thought, then you are all set).

Anyway, I can't wait to pick it up. I've already learned a lot from everyone on this forum, so thanks and I look forward to reading a lot of great information on here.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Is Arctic Silver Trim the same as Glacier Aluminum?

Congrats J.A.!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Yeah, my bad. I was pulling that off the top of my head and I knew it was something like that.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #4
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

On the boat!

Hooray! Finally I learn that my car is on the Columbia Highway steaming for Charleston. All of this modrn technology which allows tracking and the whole bit is killing me! I think it would be better for my sanity if I just had to wait for a phone call, because at least then I would not sit around obsessing over what longitude some random ship is crossing, but I can't stop...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Kemplar
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I

J.A,

Just thought I'd pass along that your "participating in the recession" bit cracked me up.... as if we have a choice . Oh well, in the end there's a point where you just get tired of worry about it all and that's where the 1 series comes in! I'm taking delivery tomorrow and I'm super excited. I hope your ride is everything you were looking for when you get it!

Cheers,
Kemp
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Kemp,

Thanks...and congrats on taking delivery tomorrow! I know nobody has a choice in this economy, and I was nervous about such a big purchase even though Uncle Sam has never been late with my payday, but I overcame my reservations when I pushed that skinny pedal on the right down for the first time.

Just be careful and don't overdo it after you take delivery. I just saw a brand new 2010 Camaro that had been totaled in front of a local garage. I figured the guy must have less that 1000 miles on the thing. I drove past it thinking "please don't let that be me in the 1".

J
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Kemplar
Rep
Drives: 2009 135I

J.A.,

That's what autocross and the track is for sir. I wouldn't deny that I drive in a feisty manner on the street now and then, but that really has helped me stay out of trouble and I would highly recommend you give either one a shot if you haven't already.

Is it tomorrow afternoon already?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
AW135*Guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

It looks like we ordered around the same time as you J.A....we ordered on 6/17 and productions was completed on 6/26. We found out on Monday that it is on a ship now, on its way over....but not sure which one yet.

Where are you taking delivery? We are scheduled to do the PCD on 8/14.

Ordered (6/17) ● Production (6/19) ● Completed (6/26) ● En Route (7/14) ● Prep Center (8/2) ● At BMW Center (8/3) ● PCD (8/14)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I'm taking delivery in Chapel Hill, NC at the dealership. My CA tells me to expect it by July 30th, but it may be a little sooner. I guess the ship is docking in Charleston on the 22nd or 23rd, and then it has to make it's way to the dealership.

I wanted to do the PC delivery as well, but I could not get in until August, and I am definitely not patient enough to wait for that!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
AW135*Guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Haha....tell me about it. My wife and I are trying to make 1 car work....in ATLANTA! Hasn't been as bad as I expected....but Aug. 14th can't get here fast enough!!

Ordered (6/17) ● Production (6/19) ● Completed (6/26) ● En Route (7/14) ● Prep Center (8/2) ● At BMW Center (8/3) ● PCD (8/14)
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
J.A. Carr
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Yeah, my wife and I were down to one actually usable car (hers, so I'm out of luck). I sold my Land Rover Discovery after I ordered the 135 (glad to get out of that POS...what a nightmare. Nice trucks, but always broken).

I still have a '66 Porsche and my motorcycle, but those are strictly toys. The Porsche can't be trusted for daily transportation, plus the insurance company does not want me driving it to work. Riding the bike in thunderstorms sucks.

My dad was kind enough to loan me an old Hyundai until the car comes in. It is a decidedly different driving experience than the 1, but at least it keeps me out of the rain, so I am still grateful to have it.

T-minus two weeks and counting!
Appreciate 0