BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-12-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Temple
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

BMW Drivers...

Well tonight I had my first experience with a BMW driver that was way out of control. This guy wanted to race. So we went back and forth a bit on a side road nothing all that out of control. Then he gets pissed because I was pulling on him pretty good being that he had what looked to be a 6 series. So he then goes into oncoming traffic and passes me spitting rock and gravel all over my car. At the point that he did this I was on my brakes and pretty much down to the speed limit so there was no need to even pass. People like this douche are what give BMW drivers a bad name. Really pisses me off being that my car is only a couple weeks old and I am sure I will have nice rock chips when I look at my car in the morning! Thanks for listening to my little rant.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #2
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I had a weird, somewhat similar, experience the other day, but not with a BMW. I was driving up a one lane mountain road. I was behind about 4 cars who were going relatively slow. We finally get to a passing lane and both me and the guy directly in front of me get over to pass. The guy in front of me gets passed the other cars and gets over into the right lane. There was still quite a bit of passing lane left so I gunned it and got out in front of him. Well apparently he didn't like being passed because for the next like 30 minutes he drove like 2' off my bumper. I stepped on it a few times when it was safe to put some distance between us but he would always eventually catch up and start riding my ass again. We even hit a few more passing lanes and I stayed right thinking he would just pass me, but he didn't. Instead he just kept riding my ass all the way until finally he had to turn off. The worst part is the guy was pissing me off so much that I was driving much more aggressively then I normally would have on that road and it scared the hell out of my wife. She ended up getting really upset and was pissed off at me for a while after we got home.

Oh yeah this guy was in some sort of small SUV. Like a Suzuki or Isuzu, so he really was driving beyond the limits of his car to stay on my ass.

Dan
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 03:36 AM   #3
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Good to see you again, Dan.:smile:

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0