BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
tharpa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

a couple of quick new owner 135i questions

turn signal, is it possible to turn the blinker on more than one flash with a light touch?

ipod integration with no idrive, is it possible to page down or scroll to the bottom of the list first when browsing artists? right now i'm spinning from the top and it takes quite a awhile to hit the bottom.

thanks!
      06-20-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Light touch is 3 flashes, heavy touch goes off when turn is complete. I you induce a heavy touch and it turns on. You can turn it off with a light touch the opposite way.

There is no page feature that I have found. It's either top down or bottom up. To combat this I created small 135i playlist and put them on a flash drive and my ipod.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
tharpa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
Light touch is 3 flashes, heavy touch goes off when turn is complete. I you induce a heavy touch and it turns on. You can turn it off with a light touch the opposite way.
my light touch only gives me one blink.
      06-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
tharpa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

and how do you bottom up?
      06-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
roldan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

You can turn on and off triple turn signal activation (the three flashes for a light touch) with the on board computer control stalk.

I think it defaults to off.. at least it did with iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharpa View Post
my light touch only gives me one blink.
I think there is an option in the stalk menu to change this?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 10:15 AM   #7
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

True, go into the computer setup mode and you can change light touch from 1 to 3 flashes. The manual describes how to do it.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
knightps
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

The blinker issue is a setting. If you look in the manual you can either have light touch be on blink or three.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
tharpa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

i've yet to read the manual. thanks for the quick answers.
      06-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #10
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharpa View Post
i've yet to read the manual. thanks for the quick answers.

You really need to read the manual while you are setting up the computer. I guess I would of eventually figured it out, but the manual does a good job of walking you through it.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
Duckw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, 2010 VW Sportwagen

Heavy touch

If you want to cancel a heavy touch, you may do so by pushing the lever in either direction. To many people this seems counter-intuitive, but I've discovered that it can be useful. Say you pushed down and want to cancel. The normal thing to do is push up. How many times have you done just that and found that you've pushed beyond the neutral position and are now signaling a right turn? Lightly tapping down again with your 135 or 128 releases the left turn signal without the risk of pushing over the neutral spot. The move to cancel in the same direction as the signal I want to cancel has now become SOP for me. I like it because I don't have to think about how hard to hit the lever to avoid a mistaken opposite signal. If you don't like this feature, you never have to know it's there. But if you try it, you might like it.
      06-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #12
rushbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckw View Post
If you want to cancel a heavy touch, you may do so by pushing the lever in either direction. To many people this seems counter-intuitive, but I've discovered that it can be useful. Say you pushed down and want to cancel. The normal thing to do is push up. How many times have you done just that and found that you've pushed beyond the neutral position and are now signaling a right turn? Lightly tapping down again with your 135 or 128 releases the left turn signal without the risk of pushing over the neutral spot. The move to cancel in the same direction as the signal I want to cancel has now become SOP for me. I like it because I don't have to think about how hard to hit the lever to avoid a mistaken opposite signal. If you don't like this feature, you never have to know it's there. But if you try it, you might like it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The best way to handle cancelling the blinker is to tap down in the direction you first set.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
runNgun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Thanks, I didn't know I could do it that way. :w00t:
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #14
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
oh cool. that's good to know. to this day i still throw the blinker the wrong direction trying to cancel a hard turn signal. thnx!
      06-20-2008, 10:41 PM   #15
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

best thing i learned about the heavy touch - if you want to turn it off, you can press the turn signal level in the same direction as its blinking with a light touch. this will ensure that it stops blinking and the blinker in the opposite direction won't turn on, as i see some bmw's doing on the highway.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0