BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-07-2024, 07:21 AM   #1
dkreventon
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2023 530XD

G30 rattle from the dash

Hello,

I have a '23 G30 LCI with 35k km and there is something behind the instrument cluster that rattles whenever I go over road imperfections, but only in warmer days (15+ degrees C).

Sounds like plastic on plastic or plastic on metal, maybe a frame or wire.

It's not the sunroof since I can clearly hear it coming from behind the instrument cluster.

Anybody ever encountered it?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IlnrA6BjEdI
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2NJc7T2tRLc
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2024, 05:47 PM   #2
S6F
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 540ixMsport

I had exactly the same noise and it was driving me nuts. I got into the dash from underneath and via the left side after removing the side cover. Must have very thin arms to wiggle into there. Nothing helped. As you, I was certain it wasn’t the sunroof. I was wrong. I decided to lube the gaskets just in case. That wasn’t it either. While I was up there I just happened to press my hand down against a plastic area near the front left-side of the roof. That was it! I recommend you do consider the roof even though you’re convinced it couldn’t be the cause.
Appreciate 0