BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
ZitoMD
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 x35i

Now that we hit the hotter summer months, my new to me (4 months) F15 was behaving a bit weird and to my unscientific tests not cool. While picking up my Black Kidney grills, I asked the SA to come out and take a look to see if it was "normal" behavior for this vehicle. What was happening is the fan was blowing and while in manual or auto mode, it seemed as if it was deflecting the air to other vents every 30 secs to a minute instead of just sending the air to the vents selected. I also told him about the temp be warmer than on my E90. After the SA observed this, he said that it was not normal and suggested leave it for a diagnostic. They set me up with a loaner and off I went.

Three days later I get a call saying that the "air flaps" need to be "re-initialized."

So I go to the old google and I can't find anything remotely describing how to initialize the A/C or the air flap vent motors.

Question for you experts. Is this really a thing or are they just blowing smoke up my a** because they have had the car for 4 days?

They also didn't say anything about the air temp though.
Appreciate 0