BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

02-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
rp_07bmw328xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

Anyone shipped his Car to other state?

I am looking to ship my Car from NY to CA. Can someone guide me through the procedure if he/she has shipped his/her Car to other states within US.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Dkhan22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Shop around for the best prices. Pick the company with the best reviews.

Watch out for scams. The company makes you pay them, then upon delivery the driver will ask for an additional amount or he wont unload the car.

Read and research.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
M3SCUZZI
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I shipped seattle to NY via plycar, enclosed trailer, pricey but hassle & worry free. Alot of coverage of this topic if you search forum that will cover companies/reviews.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #4
Jason'sE92M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

shipped my car from Philadelphia - Miami - Enclosed Trailer - Took 4 days for it to be delivered. Also super tough way to flex on any new neighbors lol. Whole block comes out when the massive trailer pulls up and starts pulling super cars out all over the place. I drove from PH - MIA before and after shipping my car let me tell ya, never again.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
mattyboom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Aw e90 m3

Plycon in kings park
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
mrspecter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3

Back in December, I bought my M3 and had it shipped from Alabama to New York. Everything went so smoothly and it was a lot easier than I expected. I used United Routes and I was very pleased with the service. I was originally going to use Intercity Lines, but due to the holidays the scheduling just didn't work out.

1) Definitely shop for some quotes from reputable shipping companies first and make sure you specify if you want an enclosed or open carrier because that'll make a difference, especially when you're shipping coast to coast.

2) After you've decided on which carrier and locked in your date, you'll need to fill out your information and then probably sign some papers and they'll give you instructions for pickup from there.

3) DO NOT PAY THE SHIPPING COST IN FULL BEFORE THE CAR HAS ARRIVED.
(My total shipping cost was $1500, but I only paid $500 first and then the rest was in cash upon delivery)

4) Next, is to just wait it out and if you have the driver's contact info, you could possibly ask for updates along the way. (Be patient and don't bombard them with messages)

5) Upon arrival, you will be asked to inspect the car, sign paperwork and make the rest of the payment. Make sure you fully inspect and read carefully before signing anything because if anything was damaged, you better make sure you point it out otherwise they may deny your claims later.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 01:50 AM   #7
mrspecter
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sE92M3 View Post
shipped my car from Philadelphia - Miami - Enclosed Trailer - Took 4 days for it to be delivered. Also super tough way to flex on any new neighbors lol. Whole block comes out when the massive trailer pulls up and starts pulling super cars out all over the place. I drove from PH - MIA before and after shipping my car let me tell ya, never again.

Which carrier did you use? How much did it cost you?
Appreciate 0