Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-07-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Memphis17CPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 CP M4

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Looking at some install photos here; the air filters sit in front of the radiator. Doesn't this restrict (and compete for air?) the airflow to the radiator?

Also, with them in the front does this cause issues with rain and or washing the car?

Does this product and or install create warranty issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #2
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis17CPM4 View Post
Looking at some install photos here; the air filters sit in front of the radiator. Doesn't this restrict (and compete for air?) the airflow to the radiator?

Also, with them in the front does this cause issues with rain and or washing the car?

No....No....and No.

I even go through the touch less car wash, zero issues. Drove half a day on the skid pan, water splashing everywhere, car was filthy, but zero issues.

They come with socks, but I have never used them.
      10-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #3
Memphis17CPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 CP M4

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL View Post
Quote:

No....No....and No.

I even go through the touch less car wash, zero issues. Drove half a day on the skid pan, water splashing everywhere, car was filthy, but zero issues.

Quote:
Quote:

No....No....and No.

How are you sure on the warranty part? The sound is so outrageously sexy... I want...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Shmelgy
B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No....No....and No.

Quote:
Quote:

No....No....and No.

How are you sure on the warranty part? The sound is so outrageously sexy... I want...
As far as warranty, if a problem was to arise, BMW can claim any bullshit that's aftermarket to void warranty. I've had mine for a little over a year and have had zero issues
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 01:30 AM   #5
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Warranty is ALWAYS about the relationship with your dealer. Some are mod friendly, and some aren't.

The guys at my dealership, love looking at the mods. They fitted my full akra and down pipes. Full Catless.

I have have them over 2 years. Zero issues.
      10-09-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
DarksideM4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:

No it does not block air flow to the radiator, no issues with rain or washing,driven the car through downpours at speed on hwy with no issues. Had them for over a year. The sound they produce is unique to the filters used by MSR. Here is a video I made so you can hear the distinct difference of how pronounce the sound is compared to other front mount intakes.

https://youtu.be/pdj4mBTfFgA

As for warranty like others have said if you don't have a close relationship with your dealership SA and Tech then you're not in a good place to mod if that's your concern. Either way you like folks have said you have to be prepared to pay to play.
Appreciate 0