Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
parabmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

ecu tune

getting new M4.
trying to decide to tune or not

couple of questions

1. is there a way to limit boost in 1st and 2nd? and which tune can do this?
2. dont want to stress the DCT too much. at what hp/tq are people seeing slippage?

3. also, can toggle between tunes? how long does it take?

wouldnt mind a conservative tune for DD and 2nd more aggressive one for occassional use.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
1FastS4
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S3 & 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabmw View Post
getting new M4.
trying to decide to tune or not

couple of questions

1. is there a way to limit boost in 1st and 2nd? and which tune can do this?
2. dont want to stress the DCT too much. at what hp/tq are people seeing slippage?

3. also, can toggle between tunes? how long does it take?

wouldnt mind a conservative tune for DD and 2nd more aggressive one for occassional use.

1. I was fortunate enough to be one of the few people who were able to test HEX Tuning's torque limited software and in my opinion it's not necessary. You're basically giving up power so that you can drive with your foot to the floor. I'd much rather have all the power and just learn to modulate the throttle better.

2. I've been through all of their stage levels and have not had any signs of a slipping clutch. I don't think it's anything to worry about with stock turbos.

3. Changing MAPs takes me 2 - 3 minutes. You basically click a few buttons and select the file you want. done.

If you want a conservative tune for daily I'd start with their ZCP Power Level. With that file you're basically a Competition package car power and features wise and then you can have a higher stage file when it's time to go play.
Appreciate 0