BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #1
becausephilchow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

WTB: 18" Volk Racing TE37 in Mag Blue

Looking for a set of Mag Blue TE37.

18x9.5
18x10.5

If you have a pair of 18x11s for the rear, even better.

I'm located in Hong Kong, so shipping is a must. I have a FedEx Account you can ship through, so no worries in regards to that.

If they have good tires, in good sizes, 265/285, I'll take them, otherwise, I'm happy to take them without tires also.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

If you're open to the TE37RT model, talk to Vivid Racing; I was looking for Mag Blue TE37 RT's about a month ago, but ultimately decided to go with 19" TE37 Ultra's in Diamond Black. I'm not sure if they handle international transactions, but if they do, I will say this in support of them; Vivid Racing quoted me the best price BY FAR. Said price even beat out the asking price of 2 available second hand sets of Mag Blue TE37 RT's in the M3Post's classifieds section. Even if the TE37RT isn't your cup of tea, I wouldn't be surprised if they could offer you a sweet deal on a set of Mag Blue TE37's or TE37SL's, though that would likely be a special order which could possibly carry a lengthy lead time (The TE37RT comes standard in both Mag Blue and Burning Red, so it should be easier to find readily available stock in that model with your color preference).

Last edited by kamber; 12-08-2016 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
becausephilchow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
If you're open to the TE37RT model, talk to Vivid Racing; I was looking for Mag Blue TE37 RT's about a month ago, but ultimately decided to go with 19" TE37 Ultra's in Diamond Black. I'm not sure if they handle international transactions, but if they do, I will say this in support of them; Vivid Racing quoted me the best price BY FAR. Said price even beat out the asking price of 2 available second hand sets of Mag Blue TE37 RT's in the M3Post's classifieds section. Even if the TE37RT isn't your cup of tea, I wouldn't be surprised if they could offer you a sweet deal on a set of Mag Blue TE37's or TE37SL's, though that would likely be a special order which could possibly carry a lengthy lead time (The TE37RT comes standard in both Mag Blue and Burning Red, so it should be easier to find readily available stock in that model with your color preference).
Thanks for the advice, I'll give them a shout to see.

I wouldn't mind the TE37RTs, my only gripe is the silver lip they have around them. I'm perfectly happy with the spokes being engraved though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:25 AM   #4
kamber
E90
Rep

I hear you man. I personally didn't mind the line (indifferent towards it) and very much preferred the engraved logo versus the stickers or no logo alltogether. After getting the wheels in person, I have moved from being indifferent towards the line to liking it! If you check out mounted pictures of the TE37RT's and TE37 Ultra's on Google, you'll see that most of the time the line doesn't really stand out, it just compliments both the vehicle and the wheels themselves. Granted, I do think that the line looks really apparant/inferior to the line-less model TE37's on certain color combos. I went with Diamond Black wheels on a Jerez Black car, so it worked out because I actually liked the bit of contrast the line provided. Good luck with your search!

Last edited by kamber; 12-09-2016 at 12:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 01:58 AM   #5
becausephilchow
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
I hear you man. I personally didn't mind the line (indifferent towards it) and very much preferred the engraved logo versus the stickers or no logo alltogether. After getting the wheels in person, I have moved from being indifferent towards the line to liking it! If you check out mounted pictures of the TE37RT's and TE37 Ultra's on Google, you'll see that most of the time the line doesn't really stand out, it just compliments both the vehicle and the wheels themselves. Granted, I do think that the line looks really apparant/inferior to the line-less model TE37's on certain color combos. I went with Diamond Black wheels on a Jerez Black car, so it worked out because I actually liked the bit of contrast the line provided. Good luck with your search!
You have any photos of your car on the wheels? I'm actually a Jerez Black too.

The Pressed Double Black seems a bit dark, but it's really hard to say in photos.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 02:26 AM   #6
kamber
E90
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by becausephilchow View Post
You have any photos of your car on the wheels? I'm actually a Jerez Black too.

The Pressed Double Black seems a bit dark, but it's really hard to say in photos.
Sorry man, I have not mounted them yet, as I'm waiting until March for the new Michelin PS4S tires to hit the North American market before wrapping some rubber around them.

My second runner up color choice to some sort of black would have to be Pressed Graphite or a gunmetal of sorts, as I decided that Mag Blue on Jerez Black was not a color combo I would be able to live with long term, even though I'm sure I'd enjoy it at first. My first color choice was actually Diamond Dark Gunmetal, and still is, but unfortunately that finish is not available on any TE37 sub-model. I personally think Double Pressed Black would look very good, I was split between it and Diamond Black myself. Ended up going with Diamond Black just for the presence of a bit of metallic flake; can't go wrong either way imo.

Last edited by kamber; 12-09-2016 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0