BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

3rd row and dynamic suspension

Is it just Europe or is the Dynamic suspension package also unavailable with the 3rd row option in other country's? I have a 2014 M50d, which is standard equiped with active M suspension (which is fine). I'm just curious if it's possible to still add the dynamic anti rolling suspension aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
JonoSS
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon
Is it just Europe or is the Dynamic suspension package also unavailable with the 3rd row option in other country's? I have a 2014 M50d, which is standard equiped with active M suspension (which is fine). I'm just curious if it's possible to still add the dynamic anti rolling suspension aftermarket.
In Canada you cannot get DHC with 3rd row either. You can get Adaptive Comfort Suspension with 3rd row, that's what I got with my 3rd row. In retrospect I think maybe I should not have got 3rd row and got DHC instead, next time!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Ah thanks! On the M50d you can only get the Adaptive M suspension (standard) or the dynamic suspension but not in combination with 3rd row. Must have something to do with not enough space available because of the 3rd row.

3rd row wasn't even a must have for me, but since I bought the car second hand, it was already there. These kind of cars, with this engine/milage and (almost) all the options I wanted are rarely on sale so choices had to be made. Again, I'm very happy with the Adaptive M suspension.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #4
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoSS
Quote:
In Canada you cannot get DHC with 3rd row either. You can get Adaptive Comfort Suspension with 3rd row, that's what I got with my 3rd row. In retrospect I think maybe I should not have got 3rd row and got DHC instead, next time!
Next time it will be an X5M :
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
JonoSS
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoSS
Quote:
Next time it will be an X5M :
I am hoping BMW will have an awesome X5 electric that can compete with Tesla next time!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #6
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

From an acceleration point of view yes. From an emotional/sound/funfactor point of view, hell no!!! For me personally, the electric vehicel hype removes all joy from driving.
Appreciate 0