BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

TPMS Issues PLEASE HELP!!

I was hit by a driver who ran a red light back in August. When I got my car back from the shop I noticed the TPMS light was on and they told me I just needed to drive a few miles and it would turn off . I had to be 500 miles south the next day and had already been without my car for almost 3 months.

My issue is the TPMS cannot even be reset because it states "inactive" on my dash when trying to do so.. I took my car to get an alignment today and asked the shop to check out my TPMS with their meter/computer. They hooked it up and all the TPMS were reading fine and showing proper function... Any idea what the issue may be ? Is it possible that the TPMS would still read fine on the shops computer if they forgot to plug in the sensor in the fender?

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
SilverSpool
Rep
Drives: 135i

i had to take my wheel off the car, put on a diff wheel drive around, then put my other wheel back on to get mine to reset that was acting up after a flat
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
TheCaptain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i x 'vert

I had to get the TPMS unit in my car replaced, after they put new sensors in the wheels and that didn't fix the problem. It failed for no apparent reason and was all under warranty, but maybe yours got fucked up in the accident.
Appreciate 0