Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-03-2015, 07:23 AM   #1
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Pro Tuning Freaks Flash Tune

I saw on their Facebook page that they are working on a flash tune. I came here to get some info and found nothing. Do any of you guys know the details? What are they using as a flashing device?

They have tuned quite a few N54 motors including mine and do great work. I'm mainly asking because my brother in law has an M4 and is currently running the Dinan PB so I try to keep him informed since he isn't very active here.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #2
Kr3st
Wheel Whore
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Their flash is just like the others. Have to put it on a bench first to unlock it and then it can be done via OBDII.
AJF80108.50
      11-03-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Maybe this will help somewhat.

Last edited by sA x sKy; 11-03-2015 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

I had thier tune in both my 335i and 335is with modified turbos, the maps they made was excellent and now they are doing their thing with the 2015 M4, here is a link to their video and I copied and pasted what the had to say about it.

https://www.facebook.com/protuningfr...7044338747822/

With some recent updates to our custom ‪#‎s55‬ tune she is running even stronger. This ‪#‎f82‬ ‪#‎m4‬ is bone stock down to the last bolt running on pump gas.

3rrd gear pull, look at that traction control light going off in 3rd gear 😈275 rear Michelin PSS tires.

Our new in house developed OBD datalogging exposes many relevant parameters in realtime and is helping us take #s55 tuning to new heights.

Our S55 tune's better than yours, bone stock, better than yours 🎶😃 ‪#‎protuningfreaks‬ ‪#‎ptf‬ ‪#‎bmw‬ ‪#‎fseries‬ #s55 ‪#‎n55‬ ‪#‎n54‬ ‪#‎m3‬ #m4 ‪#‎f10‬ ‪#‎f12‬

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Hey guys, over the past year there has been lots of work and progress on the tuning front on our side on the S55. Years of experience custom tuning the N54, pushing through tuning limits on the fueling side with the Cobb platform, setting multiple records along the way, custom tuning the N55 have all worked their way and positioned us really well for the work we've so far done and continue to do on the S55. S55 is a great platform to work on, cylinder head flows better than the N54, closed deck motor is stronger than the N54 and the suspension is set up better from the factory than both the N54/N55. S55 provides a potent package right out of the box even on pump gas with appropriate tuning.

One key development we've had over the last while is opening a tons of data for datalogging right through the OBD port which allows us, among others, to monitor knock activity across the entire motor. Some other key channels include requested boost, actual boost, RPM, mass air flow, fuel mass, lambda target and actual, rail pressure (HPFP), IAT, vehicle speed, and many many others.

We are looking to provide custom tune packages along with our in-house built tunes. Many so called flash tuners out there today simply reflash generic flashes which can easily be spotted when logged given their boost and timing targets. Common issues with them are misfiring, heavy throttle closures (down to 35-45% of throttle open) causing hesitation while at WOT especially in Sport Plus mode, and others.

Let us know if any questions at all over PM or email as usual. We've been releasing many updates on our Facebook and Instagram feeds as well and its where most of our updates land and we'd love to invite you to take a look and follow our progress (thanks @farbmw and @JStang for sharing).

PTF
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
jballs16
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 RS6, RR LWB, Raptor

Awesome. Im looking forward to the release.
      11-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys, over the past year there has been lots of work and progress on the tuning front on our side on the S55. Years of experience custom tuning the N54, pushing through tuning limits on the fueling side with the Cobb platform, setting multiple records along the way, custom tuning the N55 have all worked their way and positioned us really well for the work we've so far done and continue to do on the S55. S55 is a great platform to work on, cylinder head flows better than the N54, closed deck motor is stronger than the N54 and the suspension is set up better from the factory than both the N54/N55. S55 provides a potent package right out of the box even on pump gas with appropriate tuning.

One key development we've had over the last while is opening a tons of data for datalogging right through the OBD port which allows us, among others, to monitor knock activity across the entire motor. Some other key channels include requested boost, actual boost, RPM, mass air flow, fuel mass, lambda target and actual, rail pressure (HPFP), IAT, vehicle speed, and many many others.

We are looking to provide custom tune packages along with our in-house built tunes. Many so called flash tuners out there today simply reflash generic flashes which can easily be spotted when logged given their boost and timing targets. Common issues with them are misfiring, heavy throttle closures (down to 35-45% of throttle open) causing hesitation while at WOT especially in Sport Plus mode, and others.

Let us know if any questions at all over PM or email as usual. We've been releasing many updates on our Facebook and Instagram feeds as well and its where most of our updates land and we'd love to invite you to take a look and follow our progress (thanks @farbmw and @JStang for sharing).

PTF
+1 - I heard of these issues from different flash (Not all) but also some on JB4.

Hopefully PTF can compare for everyone what a comparable JB4 (Pump Gas) and PTF Flash (Pump) same mods does on the Dyno.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Last edited by FSociety; 11-12-2015 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #8
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

All this talk... now can anyone name all of the tables they are modifying and completely explain fuel scaling / trims for this motor?
      11-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
All this talk... now can anyone name all of the tables they are modifying and completely explain fuel scaling / trims for this motor?
That ain't gonna happen.

Until someone allows open source DME tuning or at least the ability for the end user to flash VIA OBDII, these resellers aren't going to show you any information in regards to the DME's inner workings and routines, which is why I won't let any of these guys touch my DME. At least until the flashing becomes more mature and especially because none of them will explain to me what they're manipulating and being a former tuner myself, I don't play that.

The stock DME does a fine job and is very complex. The stock timing curves are already octane limited on pump 93 and the DME does a great job of mitigating knock, handling fuel demands ......etc. Until the tuners have a better understanding of what the DME is actually doing and how their manipulation is possibly causing unintended consequences, no thank you.

Some tuners might actually have a clue. I'm not saying Pro Tuning Freaks are incompetent, I have no idea what they are capable of on this platform. I just know there are some real hacks out there hocking their bullshit, half-assed tunes and the end user hasn't a clue who is the real deal or not. Again, none of my post is directed towards Pro Tuning Freaks. Just making general statements in regards to the S55's current state of affairs.
Appreciate 3