Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-10-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
POINTBY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Dinan Stage 2

Because I searched and found nothing...

Has anyone been able to get their hands on this new tune? And if so, what were the results?

Looks very promising unlike the weak Stage 1 they produced....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #2
greekf80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3 yas marina blue dct

look at the post i just posted regarding stage 2 and injen intake
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #3
MGF80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Skyscraper Grey G80

I have it & its amazing. Loads of mid - range and top end power. I am not disappointed at all. I have stage 2 with bmc drop in filters.
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #4
greekf80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 m3 yas marina blue dct

Exactly the same as mine add the injen intake also even better
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTBY View Post
Because I searched and found nothing...

Has anyone been able to get their hands on this new tune? And if so, what were the results?

Looks very promising unlike the weak Stage 1 they produced....
I have programmed 3 S55's now with stage 2
Great gains over stage 1.
I have not heard 1 complaint about a client receiving stage 1 and not being happy either
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #6
bmeaggie
The Engineer
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [0.00]
I just bought a new Alpine White M4 Friday last week and love it, but find myself missing the power my previous vehicle had at times.

I am looking at tunes, exhaust, and intake thinking I may add some power when I get to that first 1200 mile service point.

I really like the Dinan exhaust note, and it is one of the cheaper options and very easy to install which is nice. This actually seams like an easy choice.

The need for intake modification appears to absent unless a specific tuner takes you there. So I will slow play that until a tuner is chosen.

The tune is the hard choice. Dinan seems like a safe option, but very expensive compared to others. I am trying to understand the difference between Dinan and BMS, ESS, AA, etc when it comes to potential, safety, upgradeability, etc.

Also, can anyone confirm if a BMW dealership that is an authorized Dinan dealer truly has to install it?
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler, Diffuser, Splitters
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #7
Ian1973
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 M3

no a dealer does not have to install it. You can do it yourself, then register with Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #8
SALES@RSW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, Audi SQ5, SL65 AMG

We are doing testing on Dinan S1 / S2 gains on our own M4 currently. We will also be providing 1/4 times along with it (MPH / 60' / etc) to get a real gauge of the gains.
Appreciate 2
      07-14-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALES@RSW View Post
We are doing testing on Dinan S1 / S2 gains on our own M4 currently. We will also be providing 1/4 times along with it (MPH / 60' / etc) to get a real gauge of the gains.
Not sure if you have plans to add the Dinan hardware to the S2 upgrade, but it you do it would be nice to get testing just on the S2 piggy first, then add the CAI (or the FFE). There has been quite a speculative debate on how much the Dinan hardware actually adds, compared to Dinan's posted numbers.
      07-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #10
sgroer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller View Post
Not sure if you have plans to add the Dinan hardware to the S2 upgrade, but it you do it would be nice to get testing just on the S2 piggy first, then add the CAI (or the FFE). There has been quite a speculative debate on how much the Dinan hardware actually adds, compared to Dinan's posted numbers.
I am getting Dinan Signature Package installed on my car today and tomorrow by Performing Imports in Roswell, GA -
Coilovers, Exhaust, Stage 2 tune and CAI. However, the CAI is backordered, so I may Dyno the car before and after the CAI to settle this debate.

I've done my research and concluded that Dinan was right for me... I need peace of mind. Keep it simple. Some may (will) disagree.
Appreciate 3
      07-14-2015, 04:20 PM   #11
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgroer View Post
I am getting Dinan Signature Package installed on my car today and tomorrow by Performing Imports in Roswell, GA -
Coilovers, Exhaust, Stage 2 tune and CAI. However, the CAI is backordered, so I may Dyno the car before and after the CAI to settle this debate.

I've done my research and concluded that Dinan was right for me... I need peace of mind. Keep it simple. Some may (will) disagree.

Cool. You will probably be one of the first around the country doing this, try and do a few write ups, before & after, if you can once you get a good feel for what you have gained. Super excited for you!
      07-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #12
sgroer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller
Quote:

Cool. You will probably be one of the first around the country doing this, try and do a few write ups, before & after, if you can once you get a good feel for what you have gained. Super excited for you!
Will do. I'm really excited to get this done. I will get the pre and post CAI dynos done, with the stage 2 tune in both cases.

The car only has 850 miles on it. I will need to wait until 1200 to do the dyno.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #13
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will do. I'm really excited to get this done. I will get the pre and post CAI dynos done, with the stage 2 tune in both cases.

The car only has 850 miles on it. I will need to wait until 1200 to do the dyno.
Understandable, proper break in procedures are important.

What did they quote you on ETA for the CAI? Can't understand coming to market with such low supplies to be out before a month in the open market. Unless they are built on demand?
      07-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #14
sgroer
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortseller
Quote:

What did they quote you on ETA for the CAI? Can't understand coming to market with such low supplies to be out before a month in the open market. Unless they are built on demand?
3 weeks. Meh. No biggie. It'll get here when it gets here.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #15
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
3 weeks. Meh. No biggie. It'll get here when it gets here.
3 weeks, just in time for break in day!
      07-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #16
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Dinan is on their 2nd shipment on cold air intakes for the M3/M4 platform
The demand is large and it is a process to keep up.
I have 3 on my way shipping out this week !
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #17
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You will enjoy your setup !
The suspension is great all by itself. Adding the Dinantronics and getting stage 2 with intakes and exhaust will transform your M into a whole new beast !
Congrats
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #18
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autohaus Frankfurt View Post
I have programmed 3 S55's now with stage 2
Great gains over stage 1.
I have not heard 1 complaint about a client receiving stage 1 and not being happy either
Just got the stage 1. Will get stage 2 once a cold air intake shows up in Seattle. Haven't had a chance yet to *really* push the Stage 1 (just got it today) but first impressions are very nice. Pulls like a freaking horse at midrange!

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #19
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F83 View Post
Just got the stage 1. Will get stage 2 once a cold air intake shows up in Seattle. Haven't had a chance yet to *really* push the Stage 1 (just got it today) but first impressions are very nice. Pulls like a freaking horse at midrange!
Glad you are enjoying it !!
Stage 1 performs so well and stage 2 is a beast !
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #20
motodude
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M, Mineral White

Quote:

I ordered the CAI the day it was available (6/23) and to this date, nothing. They told me it should be available and on my way at least twice now. The Dinan rep is really a pain to get ahold of too. Had to bump up my install date twice. Urgggh

I did the Stage 1 tune and really couldn't say much as I just bought the car like 2 weeks before. Their exhaust is nice though....
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #21
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude View Post
I ordered the CAI the day it was available (6/23) and to this date, nothing. They told me it should be available and on my way at least twice now. The Dinan rep is really a pain to get ahold of too. Had to bump up my install date twice. Urgggh

I did the Stage 1 tune and really couldn't say much as I just bought the car like 2 weeks before. Their exhaust is nice though....
Had their exhaust on a previous BMW, I like their house sound too.
Yeah, agreed...OTP is not a strong area of expertise for the company.

Keep the faith on the CAI. Then it's worth going to the S2 for the extra $250.
      07-15-2015, 06:26 PM   #22
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude View Post

If your having trouble getting ahold of anyone at Dinan.
Send me a message and I can get you some updated information.
I'm an authorized dealer and I'll see what I can help you with if you need information.
Appreciate 1