GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #1
ShlemonboostedM
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i F30

Any flash tuned m3/4s with dyno ??

It seems I can't find any flash tuned m3/4s with much info .. Dyno numbers etc.. I've seem bunch of jb4 dynos but none flash tune once .. I'm just curious if flash will make more power on s55 then jb4 on 93 oct alone ..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

No. Look up any previous post and dyno numbers are always either "two weeks away" or perhaps after some show. Numbers were supposed to be posted after Bimmerfest, but of course...nothing but crickets.

It's all vendor cheerleading and talk about how happy their mysterious customers are, but never anything material. Don't hold your breath.
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2015, 01:38 AM   #3
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

it's a high stakes game and it is difficult to beat the JB4. Why? it's not that there is some magic here. As for piggy backs, in the end the JB4 is more tunable for variations unlike the plug and play piggies. Flash tunes, ... can you get more HP out of a flash tune? done flawless, absolutely. but it is WAY more expensive and if not done well it will be hard to beat a well tuned piggy back.

the reality is when tuners have good dyno numbers they post them without delay. I am sure someone will make a great flash and if it were out, they would have shown off at bimmerfest, otherwise they are still working hard on it.

A plug and play "stage 1" piggy should give you a solid 40rwhp delta from stock on 93 and tuned on 93. I got a smidge more than 45 delta from stock on 92+2 (torco) and JB4 tuned (same tank of gas). and that was in the heat of the day. Put DP on, and got another smidge more than 15. the tune was only map 1 on the JB4, not Map2. No other perf parts in the delta (have MPE for all runs). Stock rims/tires. same time, same dyno.

In the end, every motor is slightly different and two well done tunes will be almost identical, there is no magic sauce although there are more conservative tuners.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
No. Look up any previous post and dyno numbers are always either "two weeks away" or perhaps after some show. Numbers were supposed to be posted after Bimmerfest, but of course...nothing but crickets.

It's all vendor cheerleading and talk about how happy their mysterious customers are, but never anything material. Don't hold your breath.
I look at it a much different way, and applaud flash tuners for not releasing an unfinished product just to be "first".

We've been running various test flash files, testing, logging and providing this data to ESS as requested. We and a few other testers are logging in some real time driving in the meantime to make sure everything is in check and no issues arise, rather than beta-testing on public. Our M4 has logged in well over 150 runs already.

We're in the final stretch from here and an announcement will be made in a new thread when ready for release.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I look at it a much different way, and applaud flash tuners for not releasing an unfinished product just to be "first".

We've been running various test flash files, testing, logging and providing this data to ESS as requested. We and a few other testers are logging in some real time driving in the meantime to make sure everything is in check and no issues arise, rather than beta-testing on public. Our M4 has logged in well over 150 runs already.

We're in the final stretch from here and an announcement will be made in a new thread when ready for release.
Appreciate 1