BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-27-2015, 02:37 AM   #1
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Combox retrofit coding clarification

Hey, so I'm planning to retrofit my combox this week into my 2010 e87 (build date 01/10).

I thought i understood how to code the retrofit but after reading a lot of posts on ********* in the last couple days i'm more confused than ever. I thought it was simple VO update and recoding CIC and combox modules as well as changing my production date to 03/11, but then i read things about .ssd vin coding and that's where i've become stuck.

So here's some info on what i have in my car:

- I retrofitted and coded myself the CIC iDrive with a USED CIC computer and hardwired emulator to activate the navigation.
--> i know that the CIC computer came from a car with a combox because before i coded it for my car, i had the "bluetooth audio" option under CD/Multimedia
- I have an MULF only (no TCU), I don't have BMW Assist
- I have the 6FL usb/aux in from factory
- I have purchased a Brand New Combox Media Module.
- I have purchased a plug and play retrofit harness from Kufatec

I understand how to physically install it, but i need some pointers on coding

My understanding is:

1. change production date to #0311
2. Add $6VC, $6NR, $6NF to VO, Write to CAS and NFRM
3. Recode CIC, and Combox modules

Am i on the right track? Is there something else i need to do?

I'm not to fussed on getting BMW Apps and Connected Drive working for the moment as i will probably need an FSC code, it's just when i go to install the combox this week, i can have the system working as it should with bluetooth audio streaming.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
awt
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: Red e61 & red F26

Is the combox connected properly?

Is the MOST loop "complete"?

Does the combox show up in NCS?

• A small roadtrip through Scandinavia: movie - pictures
• A small roadtrip in the norwegian fjords: movie
• A small trip to Nürburgring: movie - pictures
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #3
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

What you describe is a method of coding I've seen recommended but I've never done it that way. What I've always done is download the module where the parameter I want to change is located, modify it, and then upload that module (all in NCSExpert). I've only done a few things, digital speedometer (without the BMW "correction"), doors lock on speed, top goes down if the door open button is held a few seconds, windows go up if top raise button is held a few seconds (I don't have comfort access). For these things, I know it works without changing the "vehicle order".

I believe what you describe also works if done properly.
      06-03-2015, 11:28 PM   #4
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi guys thanks for your reply, yes i got it working about a week and a bit ago and so far it's working properly. I only had an MULF and no TCU so i didnt have an extra most connection that needed termination. The plug-and-play harness i got from kufatec worked 100% except the connector didn't actually fit (i just removed the connector "housing" and plugged it in directly if that makes sense)

I just tried the same stuff as when i did my cic retrofit:
Change production date to 03/11
Add the following options: $614, $615, $644, $6AL, $6FL, $6NF, $6VC, $6NR, $7SP to the VO but i did not write it to CAS or FRM
Then recoded CIC and MEDIA

So bluetooth AD2P is working, internet through bluetooth tethering is working except i get a "This service is not available in your country" message. Anyone know how to get around that?

But 6NF/6NR BMW apps are not working...(didnt really expect it to because my combox was brand new) Do you guys know anyone that can import an FSC Code for me? I emailed bimmertech about 2 weeks ago but havent gotten a reply.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
What you describe is a method of coding I've seen recommended but I've never done it that way. What I've always done is download the module where the parameter I want to change is located, modify it, and then upload that module (all in NCSExpert). I've only done a few things, digital speedometer (without the BMW "correction"), doors lock on speed, top goes down if the door open button is held a few seconds, windows go up if top raise button is held a few seconds (I don't have comfort access). For these things, I know it works without changing the "vehicle order".

I believe what you describe also works if done properly.
Yes that can work for modules that are already in the car and where you are modifying existing features. This is a little more complex because i have added something to my car that it would have never come with from factory. This is why the VO must be modified in this case.
Appreciate 0