ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
vividracing
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Vivid Racing - Installing Stage 3 Power Pedal

Vivid Racing had one of our local customers come in for a VR Tuned 3 stage power pedal installation on his F12 BMW 650I. The Power Pedal is a device that goes between your electronic throttle gas pedal to give you 3 settings of more responsive throttle response. The device is a simple plug and play...

Read more on our blog and see pictures of the install process: VR Tuned Stage 3 Power Pedal Install

We also carry Power Pedals for nearly all BMW models as well!

PM me for more info.

PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Nice !!
Let us know how well it works.
I have been happy with the way Sprint Booster works.
I have used them on F chassis BMW's and always worked well.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
orevah
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m4 BSM

What exactly does this do, confused?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
James_m4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by orevah View Post
What exactly does this do, confused?
It changes the throttle sensitivity at any given level of input from the pedal. Ie. makes the car more twitchy/feel more alert.

Not sure anyone owner of an M car would need such a devise as the M buttons and the custom settings in Eco/Sport/Sport + takes care of throttle sensitivity on its own.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
AlterZgo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 23 X3 M40i, 21 911S, 24 Taycan

Sport plus throttle seems way too sensitive as it is. Can't imagine what it would feel like with this installed.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:13 PM   #6
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTimHiggins View Post
It changes the throttle sensitivity at any given level of input from the pedal. Ie. makes the car more twitchy/feel more alert.

Not sure anyone owner of an M car would need such a devise as the M buttons and the custom settings in Eco/Sport/Sport + takes care of throttle sensitivity on its own.
It actually works great on the F Chassis M cars.
You can feel a huge difference regardless of what mode you are in.
Every client that gets one installed always gives great feedback on how much they like it.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
James_m4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autohaus Frankfurt View Post
It actually works great on the F Chassis M cars.
You can feel a huge difference regardless of what mode you are in.
Every client that gets one installed always gives great feedback on how much they like it.

But for a model of car (M cars) that already kangaroos back and forth on occasion in Sport+ mode due to the sensitivity I can't understand why you would want the throttle to be even more sensitive?

I can understand why the user may want this box of tricks in non "M" cars but thats as far as I can see it going.... Fair comment though. I'm only going on experience with my M4, others may like a further more "responsive" throttle curve.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #8
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTimHiggins View Post
But for a model of car (M cars) that already kangaroos back and forth on occasion in Sport+ mode due to the sensitivity I can't understand why you would want the throttle to be even more sensitive?

I can understand why the user may want this box of tricks in non "M" cars but thats as far as I can see it going.... Fair comment though. I'm only going on experience with my M4, others may like a further more "responsive" throttle curve.
True.
I had it on my E92 M3 and didn't feel much of a difference
But on my F06 M6 I love it. I always drive with it on. When I want to drive more aggressive I use the red function all the time
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

I had something similar on 135i. It worked pretty well to increase throttle sensitivity.
However, it is useless on M cars since we already have this feature from factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #10
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Sorry but isnt that the point of the variable throttle response button on the dash? It speeds up the throttle response. My M4 on sport plus is so lively on the pedal i almost explode into traffic infront. This would make it even worse. Lol.

Why is this needed with the bmw installed throttle control?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #11
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I will never understand these pedal modules. You can do the same thing for free without sacrificing your warranty with your foot.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #12
saxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
I will never understand these pedal modules. You can do the same thing for free without sacrificing your warranty with your foot.
not to mention you're not putting some cheap hardware/software between your go pedal and the throttle body

if that device fails it could fail leaving you at wot or no throttle which is not safe
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #13
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
From the looks of it, this same module was included with my Turner Tuning Box. I opted to not use it for the very reasons others have stated. It really doesn't do anything other than accerate the degree of pedal angle/throttle. Basically, it goes to WOT earlier in the pedal movement, which just seems really artificial to me.

Last edited by mc3456; 05-08-2015 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #14
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
***UPDATE***

Since the same exact "pedal power/sprint booster" device came with my Turner tune, and I didn't originally have it installed with the tune being really skeptical, after commenting on this post, out of curiosity, I decided to install it to see what type of difference it makes.

I originally figured that with three separate stock throttle settings, why would anyone need anything more responsive than the Sport Plus? However, after installing it, I have to say it is actually more fun than I expected it to be.

If anyone wants to wake up their throttle responsiveness even more, it is short money for some serious entertainment. Though the car does not make any more horsepower, it is much more lively, and hence more fun.

Last edited by mc3456; 05-09-2015 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #15
nathangracey
Private
Rep
Drives: aw m4 6mt

Where can I order this?
I need this for my next cars and coffee
Roll out. My car just doesn't jump like a horse, and this might just be the extra kick I need.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #16
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathangracey View Post
Where can I order this?
I need this for my next cars and coffee
Roll out. My car just doesn't jump like a horse, and this might just be the extra kick I need.
Mine was part of the Turner Tuning Box package, hence the higher price than other tunes. However, Vivid Racing, original poster of this thread is selling the same exact one that came with my tune. Sprintbooster is also selling their own, which is more widely available. Either way, it is short money for some fun. The installation is very easy, but it's the hiding wires so it has a stock-like in appearance that is the time-consuming part. I always take my time with a new project like this install, but truth be told, if you are handy, it can be done in 15-20 mins.

Last edited by mc3456; 05-09-2015 at 11:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 05:46 AM   #17
jwilliams
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Anything more than Sport+ and id explode through traffic ahead.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #18
mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordon335 View Post
Anything more than Sport+ and id explode through traffic ahead.
I thought the same, but it doesn't work thst way. It is variable in that you can still creep forward like stock if you feather the gas, but if you go further down it applies more throttle more quickly than stock.

Believe it or not, you totally get used to the new more responsive nature, and when you turn it off (unlit button setting) even Sport Plus feels like it is not as responsive as you'd like, and forget about comfort mode...it almost seems kind of dead in the drive by wire throttle delay. The beauty of the device is that when the different modes (Green = Sport, Red = Race) are chosen, they are essentially like adding two additional sensitivities to the regular stock modes.

All I can say is that I was a total skeptic, but now I will never not get one on any future car I own. When I owned AMGs, I used to hear the other AMG owners rave about this things, and now I understand better. I only wish I had tried it back then.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #19
Luckydebonaire@msn.com
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 F80

I enjoy my 6MT F80 with sprint booster set on sport 4 (with the green light on and set to number 4). Anything above that makes the car a little jerky in 1st.I have a Jb4 also and have set the flaps to be open all the time. It is IMHO a fantastic option. Now I just start the car and it's like it's in sport plus mode already. I don't have to use my M buttons unless I want to have an even firmer throttle response. Now when my wife drives the car she gets all the benefits of rev matching, great throttle response, and a good exhaust note all while cruising in the default mode of efficiency, sport, sport. I really enjoy just starting up and having everything set the way I like it. Turn off the traction nannys and it drives very smoothly around town.
Appreciate 0