BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

I need an IT advice

***Ooops I posted this in the wrong place...*** You can move it to the appropriate "Off Topic" board

Hey folks,

I work for a firm in Atlanta, GA and we are looking into a new disaster recovery project. One that I am not very familiar with...

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:
- Set up an offsite backup solution that will synch up/replicate with my servers
- Use one machine to host Exchange, SQL, File, Print, Terminal servers in case of a disaster (until we rebuilt the default location)
- Be able to work if my default location “burns down” - employees would VPN to the offsite location
- Add a VPN/PIX CISCO ASA
- Dedicated T1 point to point VPN with my office
I would greatly appreciate if you can shed some light on a few questions that I have.
Maybe you have done something similar and you know a few back doors 

But, my main concern is that I want to replicate my servers on only one machine, possibly every few hours, and I am not sure if they need to be on separate domains or not.

Depending on the work load related to this project I may even look into hiring a consultant to help us

If you can help me or you have interest in getting hired for the project, please PM me!

Thanks!

Last edited by bronco; 01-14-2008 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0