BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Unhappy Electronic smell from A/C after transmission flash

Hello all,

I hope I'm posting in the right section.

I have a weird issue with my car. I did the Alpina B3 transmission flash almost 2 weeks ago. While I was driving home I could smell as if something was burning coming from the vents/dash area. I even pulled over to see where it was coming from but I couldn't locate it. I continued home and the next day I checked the fuses for the gauge cluster and the HVAC, but they all looked fine. The car drives fine and all the equipment is functioning properly, but I'm still getting that electronic burning smell from the vents. I've even peeked inside the ECU box and it looks fine. No codes either (via JB4).

Could it be related to the transmission flash somehow? Seems odd to me that it would. I'm gonna go back and have the transmission flashed back to stock just to make sure(it also didn't make much of a difference for me in manual mode, which is what I use like 99% of the time)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I'm out of warranty.
Appreciate 0