BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

Today, 07:48 AM   #23
bmwauug
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinfll View Post
I will contract with a mobile detailer to keep the car looking as new as I can. But that will be every two weeks at most.

I want the ceramic on before I drive home from Spartanburg.

Brooklyn Grey has been the easiest color I have ever maintained ( on my X4). But that color is now on every Hyundai and Honda around me (no offense, I just like to be a little more individual).

So with TZ Blue, need to be prepared for easier cleaner.
Agree. That color needs some love. I had it and it’s beautiful
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:49 AM   #24
bmwauug
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5MC

Here it is. Gloss shine is amazing !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      Today, 09:43 AM   #25
USMC G2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4 Competition

Garage List
Greetings,

I personally think ceramic coating your car or wheels is expensive, does not last forever and is somewhat effective in preventing dirt, dust and other particles from accumulating on the surface of whatever.

Therefore, I would recommend a few different approaches.

1. Wash your car with the new ceramic or wax car wash. Griot's Garage has several car washes that contain wax, ceramic, etc.

2. After washing your car, apply Aerolon Tech Shine ($125 per gallon). It's applied to a wet car including windows and easily rinsed off. You spray onto a wet surface and spread it around with a wet sponge and rinse off. Leaves a great polymer coating that protects and shines and lasts.

3. After washing your car either a wax or ceramic wash and using a two bucket method or spray cannon, or spray foamer (used with a simple hose), rinse and then spray with a detailer spray or a wax spray or a ceramic spray and wipe dry. Use a quality car wash when washing, and avoid Dawn dishwashing liquid - yes, being sarcastic.

4. After washing, rinsing and drying your car. Apply a detailer spray, wax spray or ceramic spray and wipe/polish to a shine.

There are so many products on the market today that make your car's surface look better than new.

I personally don't have anything to do with Griot's Garage, but love their products...they are competitively priced and work as advertised. Many of their detailer sprays, tire dressings, washes and waxes contain ceramic.

Semper Fi
Appreciate 0