BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Sim Racing

08-03-2024, 11:39 AM   #1
Avia_hole
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Need help with BMW 5 Series Wiper Lights stalk (G30/31) wiring for Sim

Hi guys , new to diy sim racing + just the usual DIY.

I got this Wiper / Light stalk for a 5 series , G30 or a G31.

I took off the part labeled 416534, (First pic) , and I was left with the body with the handles, (2ND PIC), There's a 6-female-pin input on the bottom right, and I want to connect that to an arudino to then connect it into my sim, the thing is, I can't find any diagrams on what is what, any help is apreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2024, 11:53 AM   #2
Avia_hole
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABBh

Here's a better pic, it's the female 6pin on the bottom right
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2024, 03:41 PM   #3
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: F02 B7, G12 B7, G07 XB7, 911

Avia_hole, on the G30/G31, the SZL (A83) is not a programmable module (no "smarts"), like what is found on other BMW's.

What does this mean? It means that it does not come up on the ECU tree as a module.....so it's merely an electrical pass through, like a connector, which makes it a little difficult to "find" in BMW's TIS.

I think you are asking about A83*4B, but if you can confirm the connector reference you are referring to in your original post, I can provide the front-to-rear pin assignments from TIS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2024, 05:56 PM   #4
Ohio Enthusiast
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 335i, '18 BRZ

I've done something similar with the steering wheel buttons on a steering wheel from a Hyundai Veloster I hooked up to my Simagic Alpha mini base. I used a multimeter to determine the pinout while pressing various buttons. These typically are either on/off (i.e. either an open circuit or closed circuit with respect to ground) or have different resistor values (i.e. button A shows 500 ohms with respect to ground when pressed, button B shows 1200 ohms when pressed, etc.). A wiring diagram would certainly help, but with so few pins it shouldn't be too hard to map them out. A helper that will press the buttons/move the stalks would be very helpful but not required.
Appreciate 0