BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

07-15-2024, 10:02 AM   #1
wix
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f20

f20 alloys

Hi

I have an f20 sport with diffent size tyres front and back. It has 19inch wheels and the roads in the UK are really bad now so I cracked an alloy. I've had it repaired twice and it's now cracked again.
If I was to swap out to 17s or 18s do they need to be different front to back?
What are the spec of alloys - the only thing I've seen mentioned is 120 x 5 but that is the nut spacing - where would I find the size? The car spec says 'BMW LA wheel, Star Spoke 379' but searching for that just brings loads of different looking wheels.
If anyone knows where I could buy 1 of those wheels I would consdier that too.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 10:42 AM   #2
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

The 1 series (F20) forum doesn't seem to have a lot of activity, but the 2 series (F22) side does. Apparently the wheel specs do carry over.

Here's the 2 series wheels and tires sub forum: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=521

Your wheels don't have to be staggered (different front / back) if you don't want to.

If you have blue brake calipers, 17" wheels may be difficult to fit with some wheels. It is possible and many have used them for winter set ups.

A helpful guide for fitment here: https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guide...-fitment-guide They do make great wheels but the sizing info is more what you're after. Stay away from wheels requiring additional camber unless you are willing to modify your car's suspension bits.

For factory wheels, the easiest place would be a dealership or if you could find one being parted out.

Last edited by freakystyly; 07-15-2024 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2024, 11:22 AM   #3
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wix View Post
The car spec says 'BMW LA wheel, Star Spoke 379' but searching for that just brings loads of different looking wheels.
BMW LA wheel, Star Spoke 379

"L.A. Goodbye"
Appreciate 0