BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-05-2022, 12:37 AM   #23
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

I worked and lived in actively haunted places, so I have experience with these sort of weird feels. But nothing felt as intense as this time I was visiting London, and I was in a tube station waiting for the train and suddenly felt a wave of anxiety, and being surrounded and crushed by other people. There was a few people around but this feeling made me feel sick. I left the station and decided to walk and get some fresh air.

Three years later I learned that was one of the stations where people ran down into for cover but were crushed to death under the weight of others, during the blitz.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1619187.00
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-05-2022, 06:52 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
No one has holier than thou standards, it's just that a few of us do not appreciate Google Images content being shared here, in so many threads, so often. Recycling content from other sources isn't exactly "helping advance the forum", either.
This. Only this.

Pickle, the rest of this isn't directed at you. Just feel like it needs to be said.

And if I'm the one being holier than thou, this is where perception versus truth comes into play. I don't come here to insult members. Hell, I don't even come here to insult Jane. Seems like most of the insulting I've seen as of late came from Jane. Just think it's odd that a member everyone seemed to like, aside from Jane, is no longer here, for participating in a heated back and forth.

There are some here that have high standards and hold ourselves to those standards. We are cool with pretty much everyone, for the exception of those who truly act "Holier than thou." That's when we recognize someone faking the funk on a nasty dunk and draw attention to it. Seems like there are some, maybe just one, that is way more emotionally involved in all this than the rest of us. This privately owned forum is a place for us to come together for discussions, share ideas and give each other a hard time (playfully most of the time).

Before acting "holier than thou" one must understand how others perceive them. I know how I see myself, I don't need anyone to attempt to make me feel lower, than I feel already. From my perspective, it's like watching someone trying to set fire to an already burned down house. Head scratch worthy to say the least. Hope this helps paint an accurate picture.

I come here to play because I enjoy the camaraderie from 90% of the users here. I don't stop eating at a restaurant because I don't like one of their dishes.
Appreciate 4
      01-05-2022, 10:05 AM   #25
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i, 2024 GLC300

Have You Ever Had a Strange Feeling About a Place?

Yes. Twice.

The first one was when I was a kid. There was a certain place on a nearby hill that we avoided. It was the only area on the hill with bushes. When we got near it, we could hear strange noises, probably made by bugs we couldn't see. It was a real boogie-man experience for grade school kids. Heh!

The second one occurred in Vietnam. I was driving our 3/4 ton truck on a dirt road with a teammate riding shotgun. We had two 55-gallon gas barrels in the truck bed, both full. Suddenly, the engine started sputtering and then quit. Flooded again! So there we were, 5 miles from our little infantry base and 10 miles from our base camp to the rear. It was dead quiet. The jungle tree-line was 10 yards away. My buddy looked at me and didn't say a word as he grabbed his M-16 and dismounted. We both knew we were in deep shit. It was late in the day and curfew was near.

Then we heard a wonderful sound. It was the whine of a turbocharged diesel 5-ton dump truck, going the opposite direction. We flagged down the truck and asked him if he could give us a push. He was alone and thinking the same thing we were; it's late and we shouldn't be out here. After a moments hesitation, he jockeyed that big rig back and forth on the road and gave us a shove. I put the truck in 2nd gear, let out the clutch and floored the gas peddle. After a bit, the flooded engine started kicking in and off we went, hell-bent-for-leather. I glanced at our hero truck driver in the the mirror as we sped off in a cloud of dust as he jockeyed his rig back around. I hope he made it back to his base, where ever that was.

Epitaph: Our truck had a bad carburetor - sticky float. After that little incident, we finally convinced the mechanics back at our base camp to replace the intermittent carburetor. All 30 bucks worth.

So yeah, that little, narrow dirt road gave me a real strange feeling.

Expert ultracrepidarian
Appreciate 3
vreihen1619187.00
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-05-2022, 11:09 AM   #26
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
And maybe the Admin have good cause. This is a privately owned Forum. Individuals who only show-up to to denigrate the Forum, the moderators and threads etc... and spend most of their time insulting members might just be viewed as non grata. Those who feel that this Forum is not up to their Holier than Thou standards, can go play somewhere else. Just saying.

Jason Mark
You have got to be kidding me Lady Jane. You are one of the worst offenders here, always putting in posts insulting King Rudi and other members without actually mentioning their names, just hoping people will connect the dots, even though I bet the majority of us don't see them that way. Please stop this behaviour, it is inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Just cautioning a friend not to run afoul of the new forum status quo. No need to put the mods on speed dial over my comment. There's no animosity or negativity here. Just chattin' about spooky places.
I truly think she was just using your post so she could reply to King Rudi the way she normally does...without replying directly, but yet always disparaging members here, hoping people connect the dots with whomever they personally think behaves that way.

Realistically, what she's doing is sowing discord and hate, because she's throwing comments out there about members without naming them, and by not naming them (to try to save herself from being banned), she's directly inviting other people to think about other members negatively in the light and decide which member fits the bill that she's throwing out there. And then it just becomes a downward spiral from there.

Realistically, this type of behaviour from her shouldn't be tolerated. Not good for the forums and the general camaraderie we have here. Hopefully she learns and changes or is banned so we can go back to normal.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13065.50
wrickem2137.50
vanguard8245.50
Der_Wolf892.00
      01-05-2022, 12:15 PM   #27
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's a weird occurrence. I've found that usually in my dreams that tend to end up in. "I've been there before" usually having something red in them. Anymore I recognize it more easily and chalk it up to me being where I'm supposed to be. I now find it reassuring. Strangely enough I also find that I read poeple well.

As for feeling weird about places. I've lived in a house that in my opinion was haunted. I would see and hear things that I still can't explain or rationalize. I was once in a house while house hunting and had an immediate and intense feeling that I needed to get out of the house. Very strange. On another house hunting trip I entered a room that felt more warm and inviting than the rest of the house. An overwhelming sense of being home. I asked the realtor if anyone had died in the house. Turns out that the father of one of the owners wanted to pass at home and it was in that room. We bought the house and never felt uncomfortable in it.
So the warm feeling made you want the home more? Pretty neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnny View Post
I worked and lived in actively haunted places, so I have experience with these sort of weird feels. But nothing felt as intense as this time I was visiting London, and I was in a tube station waiting for the train and suddenly felt a wave of anxiety, and being surrounded and crushed by other people. There was a few people around but this feeling made me feel sick. I left the station and decided to walk and get some fresh air.

Three years later I learned that was one of the stations where people ran down into for cover but were crushed to death under the weight of others, during the blitz.
Wow that's terrible! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Yes. Twice.

The first one was when I was a kid. There was a certain place on a nearby hill that we avoided. It was the only area on the hill with bushes. When we got near it, we could hear strange noises, probably made by bugs we couldn't see. It was a real boogie-man experience for grade school kids. Heh!

The second one occurred in Vietnam. I was driving our 3/4 ton truck on a dirt road with a teammate riding shotgun. We had two 55-gallon gas barrels in the truck bed, both full. Suddenly, the engine started sputtering and then quit. Flooded again! So there we were, 5 miles from our little infantry base and 10 miles from our base camp to the rear. It was dead quiet. The jungle tree-line was 10 yards away. My buddy looked at me and didn't say a word as he grabbed his M-16 and dismounted. We both knew we were in deep shit. It was late in the day and curfew was near.

Then we heard a wonderful sound. It was the whine of a turbocharged diesel 5-ton dump truck, going the opposite direction. We flagged down the truck and asked him if he could give us a push. He was alone and thinking the same thing we were; it's late and we shouldn't be out here. After a moments hesitation, he jockeyed that big rig back and forth on the road and gave us a shove. I put the truck in 2nd gear, let out the clutch and floored the gas peddle. After a bit, the flooded engine started kicking in and off we went, hell-bent-for-leather. I glanced at our hero truck driver in the the mirror as we sped off in a cloud of dust as he jockeyed his rig back around. I hope he made it back to his base, where ever that was.

Epitaph: Our truck had a bad carburetor - sticky float. After that little incident, we finally convinced the mechanics back at our base camp to replace the intermittent carburetor. All 30 bucks worth.

So yeah, that little, narrow dirt road gave me a real strange feeling.
Thanks for sharing your stories and for your service!
Appreciate 1
3.0L9792.00
      01-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #28
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's a weird occurrence. I've found that usually in my dreams that tend to end up in. "I've been there before" usually having something red in them. Anymore I recognize it more easily and chalk it up to me being where I'm supposed to be. I now find it reassuring. Strangely enough I also find that I read poeple well.

As for feeling weird about places. I've lived in a house that in my opinion was haunted. I would see and hear things that I still can't explain or rationalize. I was once in a house while house hunting and had an immediate and intense feeling that I needed to get out of the house. Very strange. On another house hunting trip I entered a room that felt more warm and inviting than the rest of the house. An overwhelming sense of being home. I asked the realtor if anyone had died in the house. Turns out that the father of one of the owners wanted to pass at home and it was in that room. We bought the house and never felt uncomfortable in it.
Hmmm, very interesting. We may be on to something with the connection of reading people well and the feeling of deja vu. Never know, the brain is mostly a mystery. Thank you for your reply.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 12:36 PM   #29
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Visiting the Queen Mary ship in Long Beach I got a strange feeling when above the swimming pool inside where a small child drowned and around where the engines used to be.
Appreciate 2
Our03z41759.50
wrickem2137.50
      01-05-2022, 12:46 PM   #30
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Visiting the Queen Mary ship in Long Beach I got a strange feeling when above the swimming pool inside where a small child drowned and around where the engines used to be.
Out of curiosity did you know the history before or after the feeling? Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 01:01 PM   #31
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Out of curiosity did you know the history before or after the feeling? Thanks for sharing!
Knew nothing about it before, was on self guiding tour from the engine room through to rest of the ship and other visitors commented on it too with someone saying the child drowned in the 2nd class pool also other victims like a fireman also.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 05:13 PM   #32
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

I generally am not a believer but when we moved into this old (1860's) house I always had the feeling that I was going to be pushed down the stairs that go to the 3rd floor.

Our 12 year old cocker spaniel would scurry very fast at the top of those stairs and run into the bedroom and stare into the corner of the staircase. Otherwise he was a brave guy.

I was working in the back yard and waved at my other half looking out the window of those stairs but looked away and realized there is no window at the top of those stairs.

The kicker was our friend who has a bit of "gift" walked into our house and said "do you know you have a ghost at the top of your stairs? He's just checking you out, he used to live here". Right after that our weird stair things stopped happening.
Our03z41759.50
      01-05-2022, 08:41 PM   #33
FullFatDoom
Space Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Okay why did I just read this thread. I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:05 PM   #34
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFatDoom View Post
Okay why did I just read this thread. I'm sleeping with the lights on tonight.
Haha, in reality it's most likely tricks of our minds. Or it might not be, but I'm sure you'll be just fine, hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #35
Our03z4
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I generally am not a believer but when we moved into this old (1860's) house I always had the feeling that I was going to be pushed down the stairs that go to the 3rd floor.

Our 12 year old cocker spaniel would scurry very fast at the top of those stairs and run into the bedroom and stare into the corner of the staircase. Otherwise he was a brave guy.

I was working in the back yard and waved at my other half looking out the window of those stairs but looked away and realized there is no window at the top of those stairs.

The kicker was our friend who has a bit of "gift" walked into our house and said "do you know you have a ghost at the top of your stairs? He's just checking you out, he used to live here". Right after that our weird stair things stopped happening.
A similar thing happened to a family member of mine. Dog would sit at the attic stairway and just bark and growl. They tried to get him to go up but he never would. When they mentioned this to a neighbor they found out that a person had hung themselves up there. They sold the home which was later tore down and a restaurant built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Knew nothing about it before, was on self guiding tour from the engine room through to rest of the ship and other visitors commented on it too with someone saying the child drowned in the 2nd class pool also other victims like a fireman also.
Creepy!
Appreciate 1
wrickem2137.50
      01-07-2022, 04:24 PM   #36
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Haven't I seen this movie before a time or ten?????

https://www.knightscope.com/
      01-07-2022, 04:58 PM   #37
translux
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

I've had the opportunity to stay at and attend many events at the Congress Plaza Hotel Chicago. There are areas of the property that have made me uncomfortable enough that I had to leave. Wishful & suggestive thinking or sonic anomalies IDK? https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2...d-history.html
Notable-Giulia QV, MK7 Golf R man,991 Turbo,CTS-V3, CTS-V2 man Speed INC. build, E60 M5 SMG, E46 M3 ZCP man, E39 M5, E39 540 man, Porsche Cayenne Turbo EVOMS build, EVO X AMS build, Blobeye STI, 83’ RX-7 built by Alan Jackson racing, Volvo 164e
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 11:06 PM   #38
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Work travel had me going up and down through the hospital building at a former mental institution that once was home to a few thousand patients. It was abandoned fairly quickly once the site was shut down so there was still old equipment, medical stuffs, etc scattered about. It looked very much like a zombie apocalypse set, al beit w/o corpses and gore. My spidey sense was definitely tingling in some areas of the building.