BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i3 Forums BMW i3 General Discussion

06-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

Adaptive Cruise & regen braking issues?

My brother took delivery of his i3 last weekend and is having some issues. Figured I'd jump on here to see if they're a shared experience.

Issue 1: The adaptive cruise will cut out suddenly when going through a bend. He's not sure why, but the theory is that it may suddenly pick up a car in an adjacent lane and get confused. Since he doesn't have his foot on the gas when it happens, it starts to slow down pretty quickly and he's worried about getting rear-ended one of these days. Anyone have issues with adaptive cruise cutting out or know if there is a way to divorce the adaptive part and make it normal cruise?

Issue 2: Uneven braking. He said that the way the brakes and the regenerative braking play together isn't always predictable and it leads to over and under braking in different situations. Anyone experienced this?

I know it's a new car so there aren't a lot of people driving them yet, but I'm curious to hear feedback on these two issues. Would be super-cool if there's a software fix out that his car may not have received.
Appreciate 0