E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Wanted: iPod touch 2G / iphone 3G

02-02-2014, 02:01 AM   #1
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d M-Sport

Garage List
Wanted: iPod touch 2G / iphone 3G

Hi all,

Now that my 2 year old has decided that my ipad and phone are in fact hers, I'm on the lookout for something she can actually have as hers.

Given that she'll likely smash it to bits I'm after something old. Ideally an oldiPod touch or old iphone 3G.

Condition doesn't really matter as long as it works - although no cracked screens please. I've seen a few on ebay but they vary so much in condition I'm a little worried at what I might actually get!

Doesn't need working headphone port, wifi, cellular etc. it's just to play cbeebies and peppa pig type apps.

Anyone got anything?
      02-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #2
Drrncour
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M Sport

It's funny as my three year old year old knows the way around my ipad and iphone like a pro. And after he smashed my iphone 5 screen (not cheap to replace) and an iPod 4 in the drawer with a smashed screen, soI did the same as you and got a cheap replacement.
Cree angel eyes - 19" 313 OEM alloy wheels - 15mm rear spacers - Black performance Grilles - Alloy pedals - Tinted windows - Shadowline trim - M3 rear Spoiler - Tail light mod - LED interior lighting - k&n panel Filter - Performance Diffuser - Carbon Badges alround - Bluetooth - Air intake scoops - Painted Calipers - Custom Stainless Exhaust

Last edited by Drrncour; 02-02-2014 at 04:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

If you wanting to use the iphone 3G for wifi, apps store / games and NOT as a phone then I have one. Good enough for kids. Btw you need working wifi or you won't get any new apps ??
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #4
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Yeah it's just for games and stuff. Couldn't you still just plug it into itunes to load games onto it?

I've done a bit of research and it seems that the original iphone 3G might not be enough. The 3G can take ios 4.2.1 but the 3GS takes ios 6. Many of my little one's games need 4.3 or 5.
      02-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Should be backward compatible ?plus my phone still has v5 on it I believe ?? 3G is a slow phone !
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 10:26 AM   #6
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I'm not sure - never tried to be honest. I know the various games say they need ios 4.3 or newer. I wonder if you can force it?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #7
Frobius
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I've seen that you can look for legacy apps. What would you want for the 3G?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius
I've seen that you can look for legacy apps. What would you want for the 3G?
PM me an offer mate
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
c-hri-s
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
If you wanting to use the iphone 3G for wifi, apps store / games and NOT as a phone then I have one. Good enough for kids. Btw you need working wifi or you won't get any new apps ??
Because it's barred by the networks, hmm?

2012 F10 535d M Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Piano Black Trim, 19" 351M, Sport Automatic Transmission, Reversing Assist Camera, Powered Boot Lid, Soft Close Doors, Folding/dimming mirrors, Elec. fr seats, Surround View, Heads-up display, BMW Business Speakers, M rear spoiler, Sun protection glass, Visibility pack, Media Package Pro
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #10
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-hri-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
Because it's barred by the networks, hmm?

And just exactly what are you insinuating ? Are you being libellous ?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:58 AM   #11
c-hri-s
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 535d M Sport

Putting it out there as a possible reason that it won't function as a phone.

If you have a better reason all you need to do is state it, as you perhaps should have done when you originally offered the device to make it clear for anyone interested.
2012 F10 535d M Sport, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Piano Black Trim, 19" 351M, Sport Automatic Transmission, Reversing Assist Camera, Powered Boot Lid, Soft Close Doors, Folding/dimming mirrors, Elec. fr seats, Surround View, Heads-up display, BMW Business Speakers, M rear spoiler, Sun protection glass, Visibility pack, Media Package Pro
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #12
mikeouk
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 325D m sport

My son has an 8gb iPod touch (4th gen I think), he got it new for Xmas 2012 but I bought him an iPhone this Xmas so doesn't need it now.
Everything works, few scratches but nothing major.
£50 delivered ?

BLUE WATER, CORAL RED LEATHER
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #13
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-hri-s
Putting it out there as a possible reason that it won't function as a phone.

If you have a better reason all you need to do is state it, as you perhaps should have done when you originally offered the device to make it clear for anyone interested.
I don't have to do anything in terms of justifying myself to you or anyone. I am a long standing member who has sold and bought on these forums for years, I have also met many members personally. If I am asked questions I will answer them to those who it matters.
Firstly you didn't ask any questions did you ?
Secondly you are making libellous assertions on this thread suggesting wrong doing - on what basis ?
Lastly I presume you have zero interest in my phone or helping a fellow member solve his problem.

In fact you have added nothing but libellous suggested accusations - unless I've missed something ?

So I kindly suggest that you take your unnecessary and unasked for point of view elsewhere and DO ONE !!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 05:18 PM   #14
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Steve, don't be a tight wad - get her a new 5! come on, you know you want to

Incidentally, I use my old 3G for my lad and it work fine for what he wants it for. Not so much gaming, but youtube over wifi for peppa pig, fireman sam and raa raw the lion.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0