11-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
RWD s35i Anyone?

Am I the only one considering the new RWD version of the X5? the truth is I don't really need X Drive here in South Florida other than probably for rainy days, of which we can have a lot. I'm not going for the DHP (not available on the s35i) as I'm getting 3rd row anyway and I don't care too much about Active Steering (also not available on s35i), especially now with the EPS. Apart from those two and night vision, I'm basically getting all the other options

Is there anything else I should consider to order an X over an S?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
zcpierre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
Am I the only one considering the new RWD version of the X5? the truth is I don't really need X Drive here in South Florida other than probably for rainy days, of which we can have a lot. I'm not going for the DHP (not available on the s35i) as I'm getting 3rd row anyway and I don't care too much about Active Steering (also not available on s35i), especially now with the EPS. Apart from those two and night vision, I'm basically getting all the other options

I think I'm the only one on this board who ordered an Sdrive. I live in Houston and don't plan to do any off roading. I talked to my dealer and he thought it would be fine. Also, they are easier to get. I placed my order on Sat 10/19, it was in production by Monday 10/21, completed production 10/30, and now it's on a truck to me as of today! I should have it mid next week! If I would have ordered xdrive it would have taken at least until Thanksgiving.
I'll post pics when I get it. I haven't test driven yet, so I can't remark on the ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcpierre View Post
I think I'm the only one on this board who ordered an Sdrive. I live in Houston and don't plan to do any off roading. I talked to my dealer and he thought it would be fine. Also, they are easier to get. I placed my order on Sat 10/19, it was in production by Monday 10/21, completed production 10/30, and now it's on a truck to me as of today! I should have it mid next week! If I would have ordered xdrive it would have taken at least until Thanksgiving.
I'll post pics when I get it. I haven't test driven yet, so I can't remark on the ride.
Thanks, that's good to know! I was planning to place my order right away, but the color I want (Glacier Silver) will be available from December so I decided to wait. Please post pics and comments when you drive it. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
numerobis
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

Think of resale value, since the S will be less desirable than the X
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by numerobis View Post
Think of resale value, since the S will be less desirable than the X
That's a very valid point but I'm leasing, so not too worried about selling it myself and still the residual is not bad on the s35i at 61% for 36/10k.

thanks for your comment!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

The great thing about living in a free country is you get your X5 anyway (relatively) you want it. sDrive or xDrive...you'll still be X5 brother.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #7
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
The great thing about living in a free country is you get your X5 anyway (relatively) you want it. sDrive or xDrive...you'll still be X5 brother.

Z.
true!

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
rlemek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er

I ordered an s drive as well! I am in southwest Florida and really don't need the x-drive either! Rather have the B&O sound system, led lights and m-sport! Got the ivory interior package 3rd row seats 20" rims and carbon black exterior! Production starts this month! Picking it up in SC in December!!! Good luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlemek View Post
I ordered an s drive as well! I am in southwest Florida and really don't need the x-drive either! Rather have the B&O sound system, led lights and m-sport! Got the ivory interior package 3rd row seats 20" rims and carbon black exterior! Production starts this month! Picking it up in SC in December!!! Good luck to you!
Nice configuration! Mine is on hold because I decided to wait for the Glacier Silver paint which is available from Dec.

This is my build:

Glacier Silver ext
Black Dakota int
Luxury seating
Lighting package
M-Sport
3rd row,
20" M wheels
M-adaptive suspension
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance plus
ACC Stop & Go
Premium package
Harman Kardon Sound
4 zone climate control
Rear window shades
Still considering Parking assistant (just for fun) if it will really be fully automatic (Dec onward)

Good luck to you too!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
rlemek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Quote:
Nice configuration! Mine is on hold because I decided to wait for the Glacier Silver paint which is available from Dec.

This is my build:

Glacier Silver ext
Black Dakota int
Luxury seating
Lighting package
M-Sport
3rd row,
20" M wheels
M-adaptive suspension
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance plus
ACC Stop & Go
Premium package
Harman Kardon Sound
4 zone climate control
Rear window shades
Still considering Parking assistant (just for fun) if it will really be fully automatic (Dec onward)

Good luck to you too!
Sounds like a great combo as well!!! Let's get a car show of f15's in fla when they come in! ;-) the silver on an m-sport is gonna look sick!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
zcpierre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

So my dealer told me that my sdrive would be on the truck as of Friday 11/1. But now it's being held at the port for some reason and it still hasn't left as of today. Very frustrating. It seems like a lot of X5s are being held, would be nice to know what the real hold up is.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlemek
Quote:
Quote:

This is my build:

Glacier Silver ext
Black Dakota int
Luxury seating
Lighting package
M-Sport
3rd row,
20" M wheels
M-adaptive suspension
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance plus
ACC Stop & Go
Premium package
Harman Kardon Sound
4 zone climate control
Rear window shades

Good luck to you too!
Sounds like a great combo as well!!! Let's get a car show of f15's in fla when they come in! ;-) the silver on an m-sport is gonna look sick!!!
Thanks!

I'm up for it. Let's set up a date and place!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #13
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcpierre
So my dealer told me that my sdrive would be on the truck as of Friday 11/1. But now it's being held at the port for some reason and it still hasn't left as of today. Very frustrating. It seems like a lot of X5s are being held, would be nice to know what the real hold up is.
That sucks! I wonder what could be the issue. I saw a couple s35s at the dealer a couple weeks ago, which means they are shipping them already. maybe try calling BMW USA directly?
Appreciate 0