F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Bye Bye X5 - Hello F30 - Tell me where to go!
Extreme Powerhouse

10-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #1
paulrozza
Rep
Drives: 335i Luxury

Talking Bye Bye X5 - Hello F30 - Tell me where to go!

Hi Guys

New here so greets to all! I recently had to trade in my X5 5.0i due to trying to cut some costs (lease, fuel etc) and my dealer had an F30 335i Luxury line on the lot, with only 3,000km's on it, and was willing to do a decent price.

Name:  2011-04-01 16.07.35 HDR.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  784.5 KB
Good times in this beast!

Name:  2013-10-21 16.57.39-4.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  498.2 KB
Ready to be modified!

What I intend to do is find a garage in Sydney and get to work over the next 12 months or so heavily modifying the F30 both cosmetically (interior and exterior) and power/exhaust/suspension and wheels.

I was hoping the members here could point me in the direction of a great garage in Sydney (i'm on the North Shore but happy to partner with a great garage anywhere in Sydney) that could take on the laundry list of mods over the next 12 months. I'm in no great rush, and not sure where to start but have the following mods in mind so far:

* Bimmertech OEM Rear View Camera
* Akrapovic Evolution Line Exhaust System
* Lip/Side Skirts/Rear Spoiler
* Power Mod (possibly HPF Eurotune or JB4 or Dinan or Vishnu N55 Twin Power) with all related chassis upgrades
* Wheels & Rubber (nothing in mind here so far)

Am really interested in any members suggestions here as well...feel free to tell me I have no clue and what I should be doing instead.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to finding a garage and starting this project soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

I don't think any one garage is the answer. With the F30 most of them only have experience with one area. Also most of them overcharge to the point of being almost criminal.
I bought my BC Racing BR Coilovers from Option1 Garage in QLD and had DEEDEE at Top One install them. I got my wheels from Big O Tyres at Moorebank.
I will be getting my other bits and pieces from my dealer and from the States and Europe because the local shops are often double.
      10-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

This is my car so far
Attached Images

10-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #4
paulrozza
Rep

Thanks AMJAM, your ride looks very slick indeed. I kind of figured that no one garage would probably be able to cover all my needs, and thanks for the advice. I intend to source whatever I can both locally and off shore as well, but finding a reputable shop to do the mods and bodywork is a primary goal before I start shopping.

I decided against the M Sport as I figured the Luxury was a nice ride and available immediately at a good price, and thinking I was probably going to mod the heck out of it anyway it didn't worry me too much. Missing the Sport seats and steering wheel a little, but love the 335i so far anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Checkout my build (mostly cosmetic-link in sig), if anything excites you ill tell you where i got it for how much

good luck with your mods
      10-29-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Congrats on the new ride! Also congrats to an upgrade to a newer car but downgrade in size! I wouldn't think that there is much power advantage from x5 50i to the F30 335i. If anything I would think the x5 50i would be more powerful in straight line and possibly on corners too?? Not comparing handling on track and not putting race car professional at the wheel.
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
paulrozza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ00 View Post
Checkout my build (mostly cosmetic-link in sig), if anything excites you ill tell you where i got it for how much

good luck with your mods
Thanks for the reply SJ00! Those cosmetic mods have your ride looking sweet!

To be honest, I would've gone for a 335 Sport, but my dealer had the Lux and it was a reasonable cost even though it is a build year 2012 for $90K with 3,000k's on the clock (yes, I'm sure someone's going to tell me not such a sweet deal for a car that is basically 2 years old - but I was just trying to reduce lease payments and didn't want to muck around so took the deal - even though better one's could've been had elsewhere). I'm still kicking myself a little, but looking at your car, I think I'm going to be able to get the Lux to where I want it in the next 12 months - minus the sports seats and adaptive suspension (though no track for me so not so bad).

I do have a question about the M-Sport skirts and front & rear spoiler - can this be retrofitted to the Lux, or is there some kind of issue that impedes this? Apart from the fact that purchase, paint and fitment is likely the best part of $5K

Love those 5 spoke wheels - they look great as well - and lowering the ride was a great move (that's probably my first mod, with AFe running a close second)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
paulrozza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Congrats on the new ride! Also congrats to an upgrade to a newer car but downgrade in size! I wouldn't think that there is much power advantage from x5 50i to the F30 335i. If anything I would think the x5 50i would be more powerful in straight line and possibly on corners too?? Not comparing handling on track and not putting race car professional at the wheel.
Hey Kaitan, thanks for the reply. Sure was different sitting on the road from sitting on high in the X5. The X5 was a beast, and ran beautifully, had all the bells and whistles too with M upgrades across the board. I kissed her goodbye (as I mentioned earlier, trying to get my lease payments down) and shed a little tear, but a new project is always good in my books, and the 335 will be an interesting tuner I think, especially seeing some of the great results others have had here.

As for power, I think the 335 is probably quicker 0-100 and the BMW engineers have down a fine job with ride and handling. And things should only get better with tunes as I go down the path...

Still interested if anyone can recommend a good garage and a good body shop somewhere in Sydney for the mods? I'd like to find someone that I can partner with to bring this ride up to spec!

All the best.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrozza View Post
Hey Kaitan, thanks for the reply. Sure was different sitting on the road from sitting on high in the X5. The X5 was a beast, and ran beautifully, had all the bells and whistles too with M upgrades across the board. I kissed her goodbye (as I mentioned earlier, trying to get my lease payments down) and shed a little tear, but a new project is always good in my books, and the 335 will be an interesting tuner I think, especially seeing some of the great results others have had here.

As for power, I think the 335 is probably quicker 0-100 and the BMW engineers have down a fine job with ride and handling. And things should only get better with tunes as I go down the path...

Still interested if anyone can recommend a good garage and a good body shop somewhere in Sydney for the mods? I'd like to find someone that I can partner with to bring this ride up to spec!

All the best.
Advan in Auburn is good. Pete is a great bloke! Where are you situated? If you want to send your car in to a dealer then I would recommend north shore BMW in artarmon as they are good with cars that has a tune plus with warranty. Person to speak to is Morris. Fine gentlemen very passionate about his job and cars. But if your car has a tune all you have to do is tell that that so that it doesnt affect the warranty.
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
paulrozza
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Advan in Auburn is good. Pete is a great bloke! Where are you situated? If you want to send your car in to a dealer then I would recommend north shore BMW in artarmon as they are good with cars that has a tune plus with warranty. Person to speak to is Morris. Fine gentlemen very passionate about his job and cars. But if your car has a tune all you have to do is tell that that so that it doesnt affect the warranty.
Thanks for that mate. Spoke to Pete and Stuart at Advan...am awaiting a wishlist of parts as we speak! Will look to get a base Dyno first and foremost...then the fun begins
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #11
macca1410
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport Mineral Grey

Can vouch for Pete and Stu as well. Great guys with great service. I will be back there soon for a few additions. Good luck with your mods.
Appreciate 0