F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > JB1 Interface Cable
ARMA SPEED

09-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
MarkyMarkOz
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328

JB1 Interface Cable

Does anyone here have a JB1 interface cable they would be trusting and willing to lend me? I figure $20 in local postage to borrow one for a week or two is better than $80 purchasing one which is then only really needs to be used once (to check and then adjust the boost the parameter)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
GL888
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i F30 m sport

I mate, so i gather you've purchased the BMS stage 1?

If so what are you're thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

I don't have the cable but after reading the many posts on the N20 section - yes, I know that the US doesn't have 94AKI as feely available as we do 98RON - I believe the default +3psi is more than enough for Stage 1 & 98RON.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
I don't have the cable but after reading the many posts on the N20 section - yes, I know that the US doesn't have 94AKI as feely available as we do 98RON - I believe the default +3psi is more than enough for Stage 1 & 98RON.
How do you find it compared to stock running on default? Mine should be in my hands tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
How do you find it compared to stock running on default? Mine should be in my hands tomorrow
Very, very good. It boosts everything from EcoPro mode to Sport and you can feel it from low down all the way up. Makes for a very fast accelerating car, when pushed.

Some say as fast as the 335i, up to a point. I cannot personally verify it, but there are some videos suggesting this to be the case. Plenty of power & torque for me in busy, suburban Melbourne.

Easy to install and easy to remove (for service) and reinstall. You will LOVE it.

I will consider JB4 after Stage 2 is out of beta.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Very, very good. It boosts everything from EcoPro mode to Sport and you can feel it from low down all the way up. Makes for a very fast accelerating car, when pushed.

Some say as fast as the 335i, up to a point. I cannot personally verify it, but there are some videos suggesting this to be the case. Plenty of power & torque for me in busy, suburban Melbourne.

Easy to install and easy to remove (for service) and reinstall. You will LOVE it.

I will consider JB4 after Stage 2 is out of beta.
Installed it this evening. Finding the battery was an absolute bastard (F31), and those stupid wiring clips... anyway, the car is much better. Way more torque everywhere, beefier exhaust note and fast. Really fast.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Installed it this evening. Finding the battery was an absolute bastard (F31), and those stupid wiring clips... anyway, the car is much better. Way more torque everywhere, beefier exhaust note and fast. Really fast.
F30 battery -ve terminal removal is very easy. Sorry about the F31's. The easiest way to remove the wiring harnesses/clips is with a small flat head screwdriver, carefully inserted into the release lug on the side. Hopefully you found that out pretty quickly.

So much fun with the S1 installed. Enjoy!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #8
GL888
Private
Rep

I'm expecting mine soon.

So looking forward to installing, i really hope i don't mess the install up but from the feedback and pdf etc... it looks pretty easy.

No pics of battery and disconnection thought - i figure if your game enough to unplug sensors you should know how to disconnect the battery.

BTW, did you secure the box down with cable ties once installed or left it next the the brake ....?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
GL888
Private
Rep

Quote:
You mention an exhaust note change, is that even possible without an exhaust change.

Im not doubting what you heard just curious i guess.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL888 View Post
I'm expecting mine soon.

So looking forward to installing, i really hope i don't mess the install up but from the feedback and pdf etc... it looks pretty easy.

No pics of battery and disconnection thought - i figure if your game enough to unplug sensors you should know how to disconnect the battery.

BTW, did you secure the box down with cable ties once installed or left it next the the brake ....?
Very easy to install. Remember to ensure you have a cool engine bay. Just go methodically and gently use the screwdriver as an aid to unplugging connectors. No need to force anything.

Yes, unplug battery first & keep boot open as well.

Initially I used cable ties to route the wiring for neatness, but after removing the unit for the first service and upon replacing it, I didn't bother with cable ties again.

In rhd cars, the brake is on the other side, I wrapped my control box in a plastic bag for water protection and cable tied the bottom of it. I also covered the connector not used and bundled it with the control box.

The unit sits in the separate section behind the engine bay on the rhs as you face the car, as per instructions.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL888 View Post
You mention an exhaust note change, is that even possible without an exhaust change.

Im not doubting what you heard just curious i guess.
It's ok, since I got the car I've been doubting myself re: exhaust. I never got to testdrive a wagon before purchasing. The exhaust noise in the sedans was disappointing.

Fast forward to picking up my car and the exhaust in the F31 is burbling nicely and there are a few pops and crackles on the overrun in sport/manual. Totally confused . The BMS upgrade just picks up that engine note a bit more. Louder, more pops and crackles. I have no idea what it's like on the sedan though. The unit basically ups the boost, you end up with bigger, higher pressure exhaust pulses which equals more exhaust noise.

Lusting after the M-performance exhaust with thin walled tips though.

Last edited by ilovewagons; 12-15-2013 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 05:49 AM   #12
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
The exhaust noise in the sedans was disappointing.
Under at least moderate throttle, my sedan sound quite good. Not like my old E90 325i, but it has a little bit of a revvy (sorry, not a really descriptive word, I know - actually not even a word) sound to it. It's ok, but for me it's all about the fast acceleration and playing my hk loud.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #13
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

I really want to find someone in Bris to do an A/B comparison to make sure I'm not hearing things. I swear the exhaust in the wagon is different to the sedan.
Appreciate 0