F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > First Scheduled Service Experiences
Studio RSR

09-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

First Scheduled Service Experiences

I just had my first non true CBS scheduled service as my car was built just over 1 year ago. So it's either 15k kms or 1 year after build date.

It's not a terribly intensive service, rather a 'health' check service. One nice aspect - for my car's service - was they checked the wheel alignment and thus far, it's tracking perfectly.

So I received a very colourful 2 page report, with green (good), yellow (caution) and red (needs fixing) checkboxes. Thankfully all of the ticks were in the green. Engine needed just a little oil, according to my key scan.

A no charge service with an almost (150kms) brand new 118d loan car to take me the 5kms home & back later in the afternoon. Not a bad performer in Sport mode.

By the way, the F30 has a Type Plate sticker recall.

What's your first scheduled service experiences been like?
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
adge7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 330i MSport

Mine was done last month and involved the replacement of my steering rack and column. Everything went well, I think. I actually never asked how the car was fairing now that I think about it. I was more interested in getting it back as they had it for a week because of the steering issue. And the rusty seat bases, which were also replaced.

Had a 320i M Sport loaner, got used to the steering wheel and the lowered ride height but really prefer the 28i engine.

So in summary, my first service was great...I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

It was ok I suppose. It was included in the 3 year free service so nothing to pay other than $10 for fuel recovery for the loan car which was a 320i. Didn't get a report of any kind.

It was good to confirm that my 328i is a lot quicker.
      09-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctg View Post
so nothing to pay other than $10 for fuel recovery for the loan car
Really? I didn't have to pay anything to anyone. I have, however, been buying new BMWs from Bib Stillwell BMW since 1992, so that may play a part.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Hmm... no report with green/yellow/red when I picked mine up.

Was due for it's first service about 1 week ago. Took it in, dropped it off. Picked her up in the afternoon, everything was reported back as OK. Tires still good, brakes good.. need a bit of oil, all in all still very healthy. She was returned to me washed and cleaned.

I got a nice 135 to squirt around in for the day as a loaner. Confirmed my loved for the N55, if only I was a bachelor...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Really? I didn't have to pay anything to anyone. I have, however, been buying new BMWs from Bib Stillwell BMW since 1992, so that may play a part.
Yeah I think you are right. It was waived for me when I brought the car in for a warranty issue (fitting net cover to A/C Intake) but not this time. I wasn't happy to pay as I wasn't reminded of it when I booked the service nor when I was given the loan car. But at the end of the day it was $10.

BMW = Bring My Wallet
      09-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
She was returned to me washed and cleaned.
Complimentary swirl marks?
      09-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #8
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
lol surprisingly no... or maybe i'm just not looking hard enough on the white colour
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Just did my third service. A couple of software updates, new coolant sensor, new sticker on door were what was done previously. Everything is going well
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
**ghost**
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
Just did my third service. A couple of software updates, new coolant sensor, new sticker on door were what was done previously. Everything is going well
did ya remove the chip box before you took it in?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #11
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

Yes. I didnt want to take the risk
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
She was returned to me washed and cleaned.
So was mine. But they cannot clean the inside of a windscreen to save themselves. Smudged it right in front of my eye line.

Quote:
I figured they couldn't do much harm as a once off wash with Hard Body all over my clear coat. I was right. No issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by **ghost** View Post
did ya remove the chip box before you took it in?
While under warranty - absolutely!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hmm... no report with green/yellow/red when I picked mine up.
Stillwell Motor Group (SMG) really go out of their way to ensure 100% customer service satisfaction. It's a SMG thing they do. Each dealership has their own system.

Even though my service was free, their customer service was such that I was the most important person in the building and my car was the most important one in the service bay. Offered beverage, which I declined as I just finished breakfast.

Very friendly service advisor lady and my sales guy, whom I have know for over 8 years, always drops what he is doing (unless with customers, of course) and comes and says hello and catches up.

Received a 2 minute call from SMG customer feedback lady today. 5 out of 5 for service and thank you for looking after me yesterday was my comment.

A tad over 2 years to go with my complimentary service.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David328M-Sport View Post
Stillwell Motor Group (SMG) really go out of their way to ensure 100% customer service satisfaction. It's a SMG thing they do. Each dealership has their own system.

Even though my service was free, their customer service was such that I was the most important person in the building and my car was the most important one in the service bay. Offered beverage, which I declined as I just finished breakfast.

Very friendly service advisor lady and my sales guy, whom I have know for over 8 years, always drops what he is doing (unless with customers, of course) and comes and says hello and catches up.

Received a 2 minute call from SMG customer feedback lady today. 5 out of 5 for service and thank you for looking after me yesterday was my comment.

A tad over 2 years to go with my complimentary service.
Wow sounds like you have a great relationship with your dealer~

It's good to see they do take care of the loyal returning customers
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #16
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Out of interest has anyone's ASS improved after the software update? Particularly on aircon initiated restarts whilst stationary?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

ASS was re-enabled after my service, let it do it's thing forthe rest of the journey home... still didn't like it. It still feels very raw/rough... now disabled again..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #18
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Out of interest has anyone's ASS improved after the software update? Particularly on aircon initiated restarts whilst stationary?
I don't think you automatically get a software update just because it is available and your car is in service. Unless your car has a problem and the software update will fix it then more often than not BMW won't do an update on your car. That is what the senior service advisor told me.

Now if there is something that BMW Germany said should be applied to every F30 coming through the service department door than that's another thing.

My service was last month and I know I didn't get an update.
      09-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #19
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

The update was for some FEM body update IIRC... It was a global campaign so everyone who had a car built prior to the update from factory would get it applied when their car goes in for service?

Nothing major, just loose your coding if you have coded your car
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
I didn't have my first service yet but had my car in the dealer for some missing functions to be activated. When they delivered my car, they lost the activation code from Germany, had to wait 2 days before I got my car back. During that time they gave me a free loaner 320i with 1200 KM on the clock from the showroom. Definitely lacked power compared to my 328i.

Took some pics of the loaner car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

^ lol they gave you a loaner with the 'for sale' price banner in the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #22
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

Its called a moving sale
Appreciate 0