F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Is your suspension uneven??
Studio RSR

08-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
djw007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport 335i

Is your suspension uneven??

My 335 w/ adaptive sags horribly over the back right wheel when cornering. The car also sits almost 30mm lower on the right than the left, and that's without me sitting in it. This makes a mockery of the 10mm drop the adaptive suspension is suppose to provide.
I asked my dealer to have a look at it whilst they were replacing the steering column but he pretty much ignored me and told me it was within spec.
If anything the car should sit lower on the left hand side to make up for the drivers weight. I believe this is the case with LHD vehicles.
Do BMW do anything to RHD vehicles to balance them properly or do the not give a damn about us?
Anyone else found this, and if so what did you do, any adjustment, aftermarket springs etc.. cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
AN03REW
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw007 View Post
My 335 w/ adaptive sags horribly over the back right wheel when cornering. The car also sits almost 30mm lower on the right than the left, and that's without me sitting in it. This makes a mockery of the 10mm drop the adaptive suspension is suppose to provide.
I asked my dealer to have a look at it whilst they were replacing the steering column but he pretty much ignored me and told me it was within spec.
If anything the car should sit lower on the left hand side to make up for the drivers weight. I believe this is the case with LHD vehicles.
Do BMW do anything to RHD vehicles to balance them properly or do the not give a damn about us?
Anyone else found this, and if so what did you do, any adjustment, aftermarket springs etc.. cheers.
I have RHD 330d m sport with adaptive suspension lowered on h&r sports. I find the gap at rear arch on left side to change. Some times I can get one finger between the tyre and arch and another time I can get two. Seems to only be when car stationary for a while. Last time I put car into sport mode and moved the car alittle bit and the gap went back to even both sides. The car looks well when driving. Not sure if shock tighten up and pulls the spring in alittle bit or if springs just settling in?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

djw,

These threads may assist.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ven+suspension

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...ven+suspension
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

My dilemma. My car does the same thing. Other people have good heights. You need to measure from the bottom part of the rim through the center up to the wheel arch. Mine is awful but I have learnt to live with it. With the dealer we went and measured other cars heights X5 5's 1's a lot of them had a difference but not the 2cm diff I get in drivers side from front to back. My passenger drop is 1cm from the front and both front heights are identical. Dealer said the suspension was not adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

My right is lower than my left aswell and i do notice the height to change now and then. Can not explain it
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
My right is lower than my left aswell and i do notice the height to change now and then. Can not explain it
Yeah. Mine too.
      08-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw007 View Post
No, mine sits just fine and works well.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

I have adaptive and mine is even height all around. I even measured the gaps at delivery.

However I havent measured from centre of wheel to chassis. I measured chassis to the floor.

I might try that method to see if it is any different but highly unlikely.

That sux how the fakes is giving you the within spec bull crap. Perhaps try another dealer? Unfortunately they are not all the same.
Appreciate 0