E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Very Disappointed!!!

10-04-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
John John
John John
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i F10

Very Disappointed!!!

I just finished talking to my Sales rep. You wont belive what BMW Military Sales in Germany did. My 2008 335i Sedan was delivered about 3 weeks ago. I just found out that they sold my car to another customer without my knowledge. They reordered an new one and it was just delivered yesterday but I really think they should of told me about it!I now have to change my VIN # with the bank and cancel my insurance and set it up again. This is really a hassle for me because I'm in iraq and i dont always have accses to phones and Internet. I wrote a letter to there manager telling them that I should be compensated in some way. What do you guys think???
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John John View Post
I just finished talking to my Sales rep. You wont belive what BMW Military Sales in Germany did. My 2008 335i Sedan was delivered about 3 weeks ago. I just found out that they sold my car to another customer without my knowledge. They reordered an new one and it was just delivered yesterday but I really think they should of told me about it!I now have to change my VIN # with the bank and cancel my insurance and set it up again. This is really a hassle for me because I'm in iraq and i dont always have accses to phones and Internet. I wrote a letter to there manager telling them that I should be compensated in some way. What do you guys think???
I think that is such bullshit what they did to you. In fact, I'm completely stunned they would do something like that. I wouldn't sign one freakin' thing until I was compensated significantly. If they have a problem with that, tell them you will not take the car and since the VIN is different, I doubt BMW Schweinfurt can do anything about it. Oh yeah, I'm sure they could find someone to buy it eventually, but the sales persons commission goes bye bye. He/She will take care of you. Go thru an accessories catalog and pick some stuff you want and see how that goes.
      10-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

my sympathy. it is a bummer to see dealerships screwing others. i guess they put $ as priority and this is a very unethical move. maybe you can switch to another dealership?
      10-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

Yea it pisses me off, I went trough Wurzburg
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I dont know what they could do for you about this but its crazy what they did. I would contach BMW and see what they think. I dont know how this will work but you have to try. You in Iraq and get screwed its amazing to me. What a joke this is. They should hand deliver the car to you and make you not have to worry about a thing. You have a lot more important isuues to worry about. Sorry to hear it man and it really pisses me off to hear this. I look up to you and my prayers are always with you and you partners.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Seeing as you're deployed, it's not like you were going to be able to drive the car. The VIN# change is an inconvience, but again, it's not like you're going to be driving the car any time soon.

When did they sell your car? As for compensation, I would recommend maybe something from their accessories. I can't see how they we u $ since u haven't even paid for the car, and it appears the replacement was as u ordered it.

Since u have internet access, were u not tracking the car via owners circle?

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #7
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
my sympathy. it is a bummer to see dealerships screwing others. i guess they put $ as priority and this is a very unethical move. maybe you can switch to another dealership?
Problem is he may have to wait longer. This is unreal to me. I bet the delaerhsip does nothing about it. Thats the sad part and thats why I have a bad name (as a CA) which also bothers me.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

Well I am coming back next month and the car is paid in full, thats the thing. They recieved my downpayment and the bank loan
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

so they got 100% of the cash due already??
      10-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea it pisses me off, I went trough Wurzburg
Me too. Steve and Shelley(Mil sales reps I went through) quit and moved to ireland and the people they have there to replace them didn't really inspire confidence when I went back there with someone looking for a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom View Post
Seeing as you're deployed, it's not like you were going to be able to drive the car. The VIN# change is an inconvience, but again, it's not like you're going to be driving the car any time soon.

When did they sell your car? As for compensation, I would recommend maybe something from their accessories. I can't see how they we u $ since u haven't even paid for the car, and it appears the replacement was as u ordered it.

Since u have internet access, were u not tracking the car via owners circle?

Dude please, that car was his plain and simple. The fact that he wasnt going to be driving it for another couple months is insignificant. What if that car that was sold to someone else has absolutely no deficiencies and the one he picks up breaks ever 1000 miles? Or if the options on this replacement vehicle doesnt have all the options he had requested? It's called integrity and the sales reps in wurzburg apparently have none. They went for the dollar signs.

Also I was unable to check the vehicle status through owners circle when I received my VIN. Not sure if it works for us in Germany, maybe only you guys in the states.
      10-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #11
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

yes
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #12
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well I am coming back next month and the car is paid in full, thats the thing. They recieved my downpayment and the bank loan
Ah so theres where you messed up. You have no leg to stand on. All they shoulda got was the $2000 necessary to make the vehicle. The rest you coulda gave when you got back. Oh well, whats done is done. GL with the car, but make sure you inspect EVERYTHING. You already know they're shady.
      10-04-2007, 09:22 AM   #13
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

Yea im dealing with Mike, but he was on leave when this occured
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #14
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

Thx man, I will
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Never thought I would hear myself say this: STEALERSHIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #16
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Wow, that is unbelieveable. You custom ordered a car, sent payment in full, then after it arrives the dealer sells it to someone else? Then they order a replacement, and do all of this without notifying you? Speechless.

I would definately contact BMW to discuss it.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:44 AM   #17
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

They don't call them Stealerships for nothing, they just want to sell cars to anyone who is willing to pony up the $$$.

I won't be surprised if the customer who got your original car might have paid in cash.

Quote:
      10-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

ASSUMING you signed the normal paperwork, it included the VIN on the contract. If they don't give you that VIN, I beleive the term is BREACH OF CONTRACT. Not sure there are any punitive damages, but it gives you some options. You should get the bank involved as well, THEY paid for the original VIN and might really give you a hard time over this.

P.S. THANK YOU!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
bronco
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Oh man, Good luck with that!

You should have them "pay" for what they have done
      10-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
John John
John John
Germany
Rep

Thanks for all the feedback guys........Just hope that I have the car i ordered when I get back next month.......
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #21
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
Wow, sorry to hear about your problems. I also went through Rhein BMW in Wurzburg and while I've had no issues with their sales department, their service department pissed me off and I took my business to Rösch + Maurer BMW in Ansbach (got my aerolip installed there also). But I still recommended their Military Sales department to my friends. However, this will change things, now I'm going to recommend them to go through the dealer in Ansbach for everything. I have 1 guy here with me who will be buying a 335 sedan, and 2 more who will be buying the 335 coupe (fuckin' copycats) so I'll make sure I steer them away from Wurzburg! So, the pain you are feeling now will not go in vain. They are going to pay for it, and I'll do my part.

Come to think of it, I ordered my car before ArmyBimmerDude and somehow he got it before I did and they knew I was going to be out in the field. I wonder if the same thing happened to me (gave him my production slot). But I didn't have a VIN number until about a week out from production though. So, maybe that is where they screwed up this time? Should not have given you a VIN number so early so you wouldn't have noticed.
Ah Rhein BMW.....I ordered mine the 1st or 2nd of Nov and was told it would be ready for delivery the 2nd week of Jan. Then as that date came up, they sent me an email about since I added the aero lip and 230's, my production was pushed back to the 1st week of Feb. Does that even make sense considering they put that crap on at the dealership?! Bunch of liars, but with all the military around them, there's always someone there to buy a car.....but not for long. Not sure where Illesheim is to be honest with you, but with everyone focusing on either leaving Germany or moving to Grafenwoehr, I dont know what effect that'll have on their sales.
      10-04-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Oh..in that case, they unequivably owe you. They took payment for a car that was sold. What confuses me is that since you already paid for the car (loan proceeds paid to dealership), then the bank recorded their lien on a car that you do not own. I wonder how the dealership recorded title?..This is all very strange.

This is a huge F-up. I'd go straight to BMWAG about this one.

At very least, re-imburse you for interest on your auto loan from the time between the bank loan was booked and you take possession of your new car.
Appreciate 0