F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Australian Comprehensive Insurance for M Sport Package
proTUNING Freaks

07-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EB II

Australian Comprehensive Insurance for M Sport Package

Hi I'm sure it has been asked but would be great to get some update on comprehensive car insurance in NSW (or other states)

My F31 328i M Sport Touring will be ready to pick up at Sydney BMW in 3 weeks

for online quotes, i can see only Allianz and GIO have the M Sport Package under the standard touring options but not AAMI, NRMA (worse, no options to choose).

I wonder if you call them up, will they still give you the online discount? I'm just not happy about BMW not providing redbook or whoever deals with the specifications not adding M Sport as a dedicated line.

Since I can only park on the street, i will be overcharged in the inner-west of Sydney already.

Looks like Allianz is the cheapest by far. I'm not a loyal friend to insurance company anyway.

any advise will be great.

Ordered Due August 2017: 2017 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TFSI Quattro MY17 S-Line, Exclusive Nogaro Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Hello KT, hope you are still hanging in there mate!

I found NRMA to be the cheapest by far. I do have all my insurances (home, contents, bike, wife's car) so they probably get me on all those!

I organised online quotes and got a further discount when I talked to them on the phone.

Good luck mate.

H
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714560
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Hey KT, whilst the other thread is useful, in direct answer to your question, my thoughts are that the cheapest insurance is not necessarily the best (though we did debate that in the quoted thread).

My personal opinion is if you are parking on the street, then perhaps you should aim for a more premium product. In that regard, Allianz and GIO are the top 2 for the F30/F31 in NSW.

I went for the premium GIO offering. I too park on the street at times and go to dodgey suburbs. My thinking is if some drunken hoon slammed into my parked car in 3 or 4 years' time, i would want new for old replacement. I can recall at least 2 incidents in the news of this type in sydney in the past year.

My other paranoia is that the BMW in some places attracts the wrong type of attention and one day i will have my door kicked in or keyed just because it is a BMW. I have had mates with bimmers experience that in Sydney.

Edit: wtf am i talking about? I have even had my old comfortline Golf keyed in Sydney. It's only a matter of time then for my current ride...

Last edited by CKau; 07-19-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep

Thanks CKau and all.

GIO Platinum is quite pricey for the standard and platinum high 2k/low 3k... Allianz is more reasonable. May be compared to my current Accord Euro Luxury Navi (top line) i paid $900ish (on GIO with CTP and Insurance) to park at the same sport...

There are more drunkies around the neighbourhood lately... so i probably need to find a good repairer policy. Allianz looks good for pricing.

well, only 2.5 weeks away to see my F31..... the panic button starts now... hate to organise things early. Will drop into BMW sydney next week to evaluate trade in, so will ask for the RRP re-badged Allianz BMW Insurance. I got my figures with me from online quote.

keep everyone informed. hope my dealer will put the black grille for free as per my request.

Ordered Due August 2017: 2017 Audi A4 AVANT 2.0 TFSI Quattro MY17 S-Line, Exclusive Nogaro Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Wow! Insurance is expensive in Sydney, but I guess it is risk related.
I paid around $ 1050 for insurance with GIO Platinum for my 335i M-Sport, however, the car is garaged and it lives in Adelaide. I guess the fact that it's garaged explains the additional $1000 + for cars living on the street in Sydney.
I have used GIO for a number of years now, and the only time I have had to have a repair was when a guy backed into me. There was totally no fuss from GIO in getting my designated repairer to do the work, and no loss of no-claim bonus.
I agree with the other guys in this thread..........you get what you pay for........always go with a reputable insurance company.
      07-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_F31_EBII View Post
Hi I'm sure it has been asked but would be great to get some update on comprehensive car insurance in NSW (or other states)

My F31 328i M Sport Touring will be ready to pick up at Sydney BMW in 3 weeks

for online quotes, i can see only Allianz and GIO have the M Sport Package under the standard touring options but not AAMI, NRMA (worse, no options to choose).

I wonder if you call them up, will they still give you the online discount? I'm just not happy about BMW not providing redbook or whoever deals with the specifications not adding M Sport as a dedicated line.

Since I can only park on the street, i will be overcharged in the inner-west of Sydney already.

Looks like Allianz is the cheapest by far. I'm not a loyal friend to insurance company anyway.

any advise will be great.
KT,

In my experience go with the insurer that is not cheapest but pays out the easiest.

Best way is to speak to your panel beater and ask them who they recommend.

Ive not had good experiences with GIO in the past with them stalling payment for repairs for an accident that i didnt cause and was able to identify who did.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #8
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep

i am thinking of Allianz, I work in Alexandria near Dan Murphy on McEvoy St, there is a big panel beater, very professional also does buses maintenance as well. I think they are under GIO/Allianz.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
UB
Private
Rep
Drives: G01

Hi KT, I'm collecting my F31 end of next week and just settled on a policy with NRMA yesterday. I obtained quotes from them over three separate occasions, once online and twice over the phone. The second phone quote turned out to be the cheapest and I went for that. No idea why each attempt turned up with a different price.

I've also looked into the BMW insurance, but they were more expensive with a higher excess.

Good luck with your search, let us know how you go.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB View Post
Hi KT, I'm collecting my F31 end of next week and just settled on a policy with NRMA yesterday. I obtained quotes from them over three separate occasions, once online and twice over the phone. The second phone quote turned out to be the cheapest and I went for that. No idea why each attempt turned up with a different price.

I've also looked into the BMW insurance, but they were more expensive with a higher excess.

Good luck with your search, let us know how you go.
Actually NRMA comprehensive plus is not bad price and cheaper than GIO std/plat and similar to Allianz parked on street rate. We have multiple policy with NRMA so saved some extra but still just north of 2400 on 800 excess.

NRMA plus include windscreen and unlimited hire car, pick up/drop off, similar to GIO platinum but only cover 2yrs new car replacement

Looked at budget direct/oem virgin money, they are less flexible but 1000 cheaper at around 1450. You get what you pay for. If it is for a 5 years old car, yes for budget direct

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #11
Ninjaoz
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E39 540i, E90 320d,F15 30d

Garage List
2011 BMW 320d  [10.00]
Does NRMA offer choice of repairer? I reckon this is an important factor as personally I'd prefer to take my car to an authorised BMW panel beater in the event of an accident.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
UB
Private
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT_F31_EBII View Post
Actually NRMA comprehensive plus is not bad price and cheaper than GIO std/plat and similar to Allianz parked on street rate. We have multiple policy with NRMA so saved some extra but still just north of 2400 on 800 excess.
Jesus.. on street parking sure bumps up the premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaoz View Post
Does NRMA offer choice of repairer? I reckon this is an important factor as personally I'd prefer to take my car to an authorised BMW panel beater in the event of an accident.
You can nominate your own repairer with NRMA, but they try very hard to get you to go with their network of "preferred" repairers...

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/n...209-2e53s.html
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #13
KT_F31_EBII
First Time Bimmer
Australia
Rep

why is insurance for M sport package is so hard to setup on NRMA?

The max for Sport Touring for agree value is 91910, but my car with options cost more...

spoke with NRMA and somehow the sport touring option is 200 more than online quote over the phone for the same config, but they can change the configure to my purchased price with $100 premium... dilemma...

Just annoying when you are not in your home town doing the car finance, and insurance, etc.

Appreciate 0