E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > MP3 song lists limited

09-25-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
gunner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
MP3 song lists limited

My 2006 330i was made in 05/05. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to recognize an mp3 data disk. So, I then found a service bulletin here on E90Post.com that detailed a problem with pre-September 05 cars.

Well, I took a copy of the SB I printed from the forum to my dealer and got a total update of the software in my car yesterday. No cost! Who knows how many other issues may have been fixed in my 2-year old 330i!

Anyway, now my mp3 CD's work! I can burn them using iTunes or Nero and they work. Burning a playlist in iTunes puts all of the songs on the root directory. Using Nero puts them in folders based on the Artist. At least that's how mine turn out.

One problem I've noted. The iDrive display will only show five songs at a time and I can't scroll past the fifth song. Only by selecting the second to last or last song (or folder) in the list will it then show me a couple new songs at the bottom. One disk I burned from iTunes has 200 songs. But I can't scroll past the last song of the five. As songs play, the list will move down through all of the songs but No Scrolly.

Does anyone else see this? It sure would be nice to be able to pick an artist or song from the "big list" rather than the "current 5".

Thanks,

Scott

Appreciate 0