E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s let me down

09-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

**********s let me down

I had ordered a few things without a hitch from the website. Couldnt have gone smoother with the ordering process to shipping quickly. Everything was excellent, but sadly that ended.

I went in for one of the hyperblack CSL wheel sets. I placed my order on Aug. 27th. Before I placed the order I asked "Is everything in stock". The answer I got was "Yes, the wheels are in stock but we are about a week out on the tires". Just making sure I asked again "Im looking for the hyperblack staggared, are they in stock?" again the reply was "yes, those are definitely in stock".

They showed a response in the GP thread that the tires had come in and everything was good to go. I PM'd and asked when they were shipping out and the response was "within the week".

Two weeks later no shipping email so I PM again. Apparently there was a problem with the rear wheels. Ok, so why wasnt I told this and what happened to the ones that were in stock? No answer, just that the new ones were coming in about a week.

Week later, sorry but they are still not in yet. However, they should be coming in around the 17th or 18th. However, Im a week away for shipping so that meant I would get them around the 23rd or 24th if I was lucky. I needed these wheels for the 30th which is why I placed the order a month in advance. I cancelled my order with a call and an email to **********s on the 14th because I couldnt deal with misinformation and not knowing if the wheels would ever be sent.

I just got my statement for my credit card and see that no credit was issued for the cancellation. I call up their customer service(now 10 days later) and they say "Yep, I see that it was cancelled right here on the 14th. Guess they forgot to issue a credit". So they did it while I was on the phone and sent me a confirmation email.

Hmm, guess Ill forget to order from them again.

Meanwhile, I ordered from another company(who I will praise hopefully in another thread) and those wheels should be showing up today and I ordered them a week ago. Thank God for competition.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Hi Alex,

We are sorry if there was any miscommunication on your order. I am not sure who you were speaking with on the phone when the order was processed, or what sales rep(s) you were dealing with. I do see that we processed the order on time, and that on the 16th the order was cancelled. That's unfortunate because on the 18th our wheel/tire orders started shipping out (1 business day after you cancelled).

There must have been a miscommunication somewhere in this process. We do keep CSL wheels in stock as our separate inventory, and it's possible that the number was off by a couple of wheels in our system, or an order was placed right before your's that took the remaining inventory. We sell a ton of these wheels, and when inventory gets low it seems that this type of situation is inevitable because wheels are being shipped as orders are coming in. You probably got caught on the edge of that inventory situation. You have my personal apologies on that, even though I am not positive that's what happened with your order. I can look into it in further detail if you need me to, but it's pointless now that the order has been cancelled and refunded.

If you need anything else from myself or the rest of the **********s team, we are here to help. Again, sorry about any miscommunications.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike************ View Post
Hi Alex,

We are sorry if there was any miscommunication on your order. I am not sure who you were speaking with on the phone when the order was processed, or what sales rep(s) you were dealing with. I do see that we processed the order on time, and that on the 16th the order was cancelled. That's unfortunate because on the 18th our wheel/tire orders started shipping out (1 business day after you cancelled).

There must have been a miscommunication somewhere in this process. We do keep CSL wheels in stock as our separate inventory, and it's possible that the number was off by a couple of wheels in our system, or an order was placed right before your's that took the remaining inventory. We sell a ton of these wheels, and when inventory gets low it seems that this type of situation is inevitable because wheels are being shipped as orders are coming in. You probably got caught on the edge of that inventory situation. You have my personal apologies on that, even though I am not positive that's what happened with your order. I can look into it in further detail if you need me to, but it's pointless now that the order has been cancelled and refunded.

If you need anything else from myself or the rest of the **********s team, we are here to help. Again, sorry about any miscommunications.
Ill PM you with the details of who I was dealing with. Like I mentioned in my post, I had previously very good success ordering from your website. I was just let down that once I started dealing with people, the satisfaction fell short. I was told there was a problem with the rear wheels and you needed a new replacement shipment. I couldnt be promised that they would be in on the date mentioned, it was only hopeful. I unfortunately didnt have the patience or the confidence I would have my wheels in time.

What I was most upset with was that I had to call to make sure my order was cancelled because I never got a notification for it. And that I was never refunded. If I hadnt called to make sure that it was, then it never would have been refunded. I was very close to taking up an inquiry with my credit card company so I wouldnt be hit with continued finance charges.

I do thank you for responding to this thread and will hesitantly look to you for future mods. You do carry some unique offerings for the e90's that cant be found anywhere else. I like to be loyal, but you only have to burn me once to send me packing.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
Ill PM you with the details of who I was dealing with. Like I mentioned in my post, I had previously very good success ordering from your website. I was just let down that once I started dealing with people, the satisfaction fell short. I was told there was a problem with the rear wheels and you needed a new replacement shipment. I couldnt be promised that they would be in on the date mentioned, it was only hopeful. I unfortunately didnt have the patience or the confidence I would have my wheels in time.

What I was most upset with was that I had to call to make sure my order was cancelled because I never got a notification for it. And that I was never refunded. If I hadnt called to make sure that it was, then it never would have been refunded. I was very close to taking up an inquiry with my credit card company so I wouldnt be hit with continued finance charges.

I do thank you for responding to this thread and will hesitantly look to you for future mods. You do carry some unique offerings for the e90's that cant be found anywhere else. I like to be loyal, but you only have to burn me once to send me packing.
I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Again, we are very sorry and I want to stress that this is the exception in the large amount of transactions we process on a daily basis. Once I get the PM I will look into this right away with the employees mentioned and make sure they are trained on how to make sure something like this never happens again.

The end result is ok though... you'll be getting the wheels and tires that you needed. You're right about us making unique offerings for the E90's... in fact we were the first to offer the CSL wheels in the 30 rear offset. Those are now available to other retailers as well, which we are fine with. Most still choose to come to us since we went out of our way and invested the capital to have those made for the E90Post community in the first place.

You're getting a great set of wheels, whether from us or somebody else that sells the same style. I am sure you will be happy with them, and I'm happy that there will be another great looking E90 out there on the road
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

For the record, I didnt stay with CSL's. I went for a different type of wheel from a different vendor. If I were to get CSL's I would probably still buy from **********s. I would just know who to deal with next time.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:59 AM   #6
darkbat
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Sedan

I thought **********s was a reputable vendor? I'm in a similar situation. I got the process confirmation for my Moven HG11 order on the 20th, yet I still don't have any shipping information. MOREOVER, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAILS. I'm actually thinking about cancelling my order. Which vendor did you order yours from?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #7
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbat View Post
I thought **********s was a reputable vendor? I'm in a similar situation. I got the process confirmation for my Moven HG11 order on the 20th, yet I still don't have any shipping information. MOREOVER, THEY WON'T RESPOND TO MY EMAILS. I'm actually thinking about cancelling my order. Which vendor did you order yours from?
Every email is responded to. Where are you sending to?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #8
darkbat
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Sedan

orders************.com

can you check for me please? My order # is #1190289210
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #9
Mike@ModBargains
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbat View Post
orders************.com

can you check for me please? My order # is #1190289210
I looked into it. The first credit card you gave us failed, probably because of the high dollar amount your bank might have blocked the charge. We contacted you and got the new payment information and processed it. We then submitted the order to Moven the same day so that they could ship your wheels, we have since followed up with them twice to get a tracking number but they have not replied. Tara was out sick for part of the day yesterday but managed to come in for a few hours even though she probably shouldn't have... she was in bad shape. She is not in today because she got more sick. Once she is back in she will do a personal call to Moven to find out on the status of your order. I've already sent them an email and left a message in the meantime. Thanks for your patience.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

i dunno man......but i like mod bargains!! YEA go Paul, Don, and Mike! Lets have another meet

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #11
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
**********s is a great vendor and they'll take care of you
      09-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #12
!Xoible
Banned