E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Digital Music

09-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
dinkoh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 lemon/black

Digital Music

My ipod started to run out of disk space, and so I opted to get a USB external hard (i.e. 80gb WD passport). I realized that the SAME song sounded very different with the two.

I was thinking... the iPOD DAC probably isn't as good as the Logic 7. The bass is definitely more tight and pronounced coming from the external HDD. Relative to the two, iPOD sounded cloudy and less transparent.

For those that care about sound quality, it might be worth a try to switch!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
That's a good point. I've never been impressed with the sound quality coming from iPods. I previously had a Creative Zen. When I first got the iPod, I compared sound quality and noticed the Creative player was quite a bit better. It's just the iPod looks and feels a lot nicer.

I'm using a 16GB flash stick in my car all the time now. This way, I have all my music and I don't have to keep my expensive iPod in the car. Besides, I'm sure the flash stick can take the climate environment in the car better than an iPod with a hard drive.

Getting better sound quality is a bonus!
Appreciate 0