E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need help, finding remote / ignition cable on radio Proffessional

09-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #1
marell01
Private
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: -09 335i Coupe M-sport

Need help, finding remote / ignition cable on radio Proffessional

Hi,
I´ve search this and other forums over and over again but without result. I wanna know what cable, colourcode or pinout from the stereo that gives +12v on ignition or remote. This shall start up my handsfree unit.
Please please give me a advise.
Sincerely Marcus
Ps my voltmeter is broken and I haven´t found another one around here...:-(

Last edited by marell01; 09-11-2007 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: edit picture
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
just a suggestion, not really knowing what you are trying to do, but why not run the remote from one of switched fuses. That way it will come on the car comes on.
      09-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
marell01
Private
Afghanistan
Rep

I will put in my handsfree unit, and want it to come on and off together with the rest of the car....
Can I use any of the cables for this in the picture above??

//Marcus
      09-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
marell01
Private
Afghanistan
Rep

updated my picture, Anyone wants to comment it? Is it right/wrong?? This can be used for everyone wanting to switch HU in the future...
//Marcus
Attached Images

Last edited by marell01; 09-11-2007 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
installmd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330I - Monaco Blue

a little help

Quote:
Originally Posted by marell01 View Post
updated my picture, Anyone wants to comment it? Is it right/wrong?? This can be used for everyone wanting to switch HU in the future...
//Marcus
Marcus,
to help fill in the chart you made, the red/green is a quasi constant power. it comes on when the car senses the key, but shuts off when the computers shut off, so don't use it for a memory power. The four wires that are Brown/orange are the negitive leads for the audio signal going out of radio. The larger solid brown is Ground to the radio. In the open space you show over the optical outs should be a twisted pair of wires, usually one green and the other yellow, that are the Can-Bus control wires for the steering wheel controls, etc.
as far as connecting a hands free kit, use the power and ground located under the center console ashtray/cigarette lighter. if you lift the center trim, the cig lighter unplugs and there are three wires in the plug, green/red is ignition (not accessory ignition) and the brown is ground. the grey red is illumination for the cig lighter trim ring.
hope this helped.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #6
marell01
Private
Afghanistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by installmd View Post
Marcus,
to help fill in the chart you made, the red/green is a quasi constant power. it comes on when the car senses the key, but shuts off when the computers shut off, so don't use it for a memory power. The four wires that are Brown/orange are the negitive leads for the audio signal going out of radio. The larger solid brown is Ground to the radio. In the open space you show over the optical outs should be a twisted pair of wires, usually one green and the other yellow, that are the Can-Bus control wires for the steering wheel controls, etc.
as far as connecting a hands free kit, use the power and ground located under the center console ashtray/cigarette lighter. if you lift the center trim, the cig lighter unplugs and there are three wires in the plug, green/red is ignition (not accessory ignition) and the brown is ground. the grey red is illumination for the cig lighter trim ring.
hope this helped.
Thanks for this, problem is I don´t have the ashtray in the front - sunglass compartment...
I will use red/green for ignition and then find constant 12v somewhere else...
//Marcus
      09-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
installmd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330I - Monaco Blue

still there

the three wires are still there under hte sunglass holder, cause i put it into my friends car while i had the console apart. the cars are all pre-wired with that harness under there.

I wouldn't suggest using the red/green for ignition as it takes 20-30 minutes after you get out of the car for it to shut off, shich means you will have to manually turn off your radio everytime you shut off your car.

look under sunglassholder and you should find that three wire harness
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
marell01
Private
Afghanistan
Rep

installMD; Thank you for your reply.
//Marcus