E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > IPOD questions

09-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
tn335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Graphite 335I

IPOD questions

I just got my graphite 335 last week and have a couple of questions about the IPOD integration. I just got the correct cable because they originally gave me the wrong one. In the meantime, I was using the Apple IPOD cable which gave good sound. It seems with the BMW cable which gives full integration that the sound is a little hollow and lacking a little richness. Have you guys noticed this?

Secondly, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to just shuffle songs. I am sure that I am being an idiot, but any input would be appreciated.

I just switched over from an S4 and this car is every bit as good and better in some areas.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

What do you mean when you say you were using the "Apple IPOD cable"? Do you mean you were using a 3.5mm cable from the headphone jack to the aux input in your 335?

In any case, perhaps you should adjust the level for the ipod interface. It's an option on the stereo. I don't remember the key sequence off hand, but it's in the radio manual.

You can shuffle songs by selecting RND (random) on the radio. It's one of the soft buttons when you are at the top level screen (well top level other than the input select screen).

It will shuffle whatever group of songs you are currently listening to. So if you wanted to shuffle your whole ipod, you could choose "artist" then keep choosing "all" until you see the name of a song (any song). Start that song playing. Now go back to the top menu and choose RND. Of course, you don't need to keep listening to that first song. Just hit the next song button and it will pick something at random.

Enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
tn335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 Graphite 335I

Yes. I was using the cable that came with the IPOD and plugging it into the USB jack. I wonder what level for the IPOD interface gives the best sound. Thanks for the help on the shuffle question.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #4
Diesel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

try about 80% volume on the ipod.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #5
gloster
Captain