E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > recommendations for the high-lo converters ?

09-06-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

recommendations for the high-lo converters ?

I have seen someone talk about the SLOC II here, but I have also seen many others out there...

I'm thinking about running these off the factory amp to an alpine v12 amp i have laying around and using that for a sub in the trunk.

I have the Logic 7 stuff, and the front is ok for me for now...

I'm assuming that it would be a bad idea to run the converter in parallel with the stock subs, I should disconnect the wires from the stock subs to keep the resistance up on the stock amp, right ?

Does anyone know the crossover frequency for the stock mids/subs ? So I have some idea of what I'm looking at frequency wise when I replace the subs ?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
Try the LOCs from David Navone. http://www.autosound2000.com/adaptor_products.htm

Speed Up My Computer .......... Aion Download
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
inthemiddle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

awesome thanks.... certainly some of the better ones i've seen, at least if you can judge quality based on apparent thought, detail on site..etc...

I called em up, talked to David, he seems on top of it.... I ordered a 4 channel one from him. Will probably just use it for subs...

oh yea.. he said the impedence was high enough (like 10k) that it was no big deal to run in parallel with stock speakers of any factory amp.... not sure that i'd want to do that, but at least i can hook it up and listen both ways and decide from there...

thanks for the recommendation (oh yea... turns out he's only about 80 miles from me, so i should have it tuesday... woo hoo)
Appreciate 0