F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Ontario driving roads.
Studio RSR

03-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Ontario driving roads.

Hey guys I came across this and thought I should share it .... lots of good roads all across the province.

http://shanekingsley.com/Two%20Wheel..._bikeroads.jpg

Also, for those of you who like to spend time in cottage country, this is a great route to take up to Rosseau on a saturday morning for some lunch or a visit to a friends cottage. I always go this way up to my buddy's cottage near Hunstville...if you are going to Huntsville you continue along Aspdin road which is a great road design wise but not well maintained in areas.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=Si...via=2&t=m&z=10

Also Snake road near Burlington is awesome....google it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
WhiteCollar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 4 Series

Garage List
2016 BMW 428 GC  [0.00]
The Muskoka region road map I travelled last summer. Awesome roads for a drive enthusiast. HWY 7 up there is amazing! As are all the roads if you don't take HWY 400. I travelled from Waterloo to Parry Sound using only back roads and I was amazed by the landscape. Great summer driving.
My suggestion, if you are ever up there, try HWY 559 (and the roads around it), up to Killbear Park. And if you really want good local food, try Gilly's Snug Harbour Restaurant & Marina. Best fish I ever had, caught right there in the lake. Call them first as Google Maps/Yelp give you the wrong address, they are located right on the lake shore.
Before my lease is up, I want to take my Bimmer on the east coast, Nova Scotia I heard has one of the best road maps in the country. As well, I want to try to go from Edmonton to Calgary through the mountains (not the straight route) and then from Calgary to Vancouver (stop in Kelowna).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

And if you stay off the 400 it's not only better driving roads, but you don't deal with the ridiculous traffic.
Appreciate 0