E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Factory- vs. Dealer-Installed iPod Adaptor

09-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Sailor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 328i

Factory- vs. Dealer-Installed iPod Adaptor

I gather there is a functional difference between the factory- and dealer-installed iPod adaptors. While there are scores of posts on the iPod, I haven't been able to find one that explicitly explains the difference between the two. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Jer
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
pcoles78
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: OC transpo

no idea. i ordered the factory installed ipod integration.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
drkeng
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 'vert Tanz Blue

if you're getting a new car, just get the factory 6FL; it's better and probably cheaper than the dealer option. differences are mainly speed of access and limits on number of playlists or songs or whatever on the dealer option. Of course, it seems people are having problems with 6FL switching to FM or something; kind of hard to believe. I'm in the process of trying to get a Dension ipod adapter installed, but have a feeling that the dealer won't activate my cd changer for me.
      09-04-2007, 02:00 AM   #4
theshank
Rep
Drives: 335 E90 with sport

what if you're not getting a new car? i got mine in december, right before they gave the option to get it built with it. now i'm trying to find info on the subject, and it's hard. i feel like the guys at the dealership have no idea what i'm talking about. they want to charge me $750 and put it in my glove box. first off, i thought it goes in the armrest?

also, does anyone out there have this integration without navigation? i'm curious to hear if it's worth it? any problems?
Appreciate 0