E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Need Help HID Low Beams

08-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Need Help HID Low Beams

i just got my kit from JLevi and its for the H7 Bulbs, has anyone ever installed a hid kit to their lowbeams without jacking up the car, like just through the wheel well, im finding it extremely hard and i got the bulb out of the housing yet its still attached with three wires, wtf do i do now? ahah any help is good help
      09-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
adamshaban1
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 320i

ya i orderd that same system from jlevi for my car and all u gotta do is plus and play it to the stock wire harness(which has 3 wires,the one with 2 wires on one side thats the positive(red) terminal) and find something to attach the ballasts to on the car frame..the problem im having though is i get the low beam errror,the resistors that came with ur HIDs was suppose to cancel that out but i had nick send me new ones since mine got damaged by trial and error..
i still have the error though but i didnt try the new resistors yet(cuz i have finals)..what i got working so far is ..i got 2 regular electrolyte capacitors..u can get from radioshack and i connected them in parellel to the HID harness.lights dont flicker as long as i turn them on before startin the car..if at anytime when the car is running i turn them off..then back on ..i get the error and they flicker..still trying to find a solution to that..might be that im using a capacitor with low voltage..but it works temporarly till i put in the new ones
Appreciate 0