F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > factory incentives, but they expire?
ARMA SPEED

01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

factory incentives, but they expire?

I'm looking at purchasing(ordering) a new bmw in the next week or so. I've researched lots on the forums and checked out carcostcanada.com
One question I have is around any factory incentives that expire. Especially cash.
Lets say there is a $1000 factory to dealer cash incentive that I would be eligable for. Lets pretend the cash incentive expires Feb 1, 2013.
I order the car on Jan 25th, 2013. Put down the deposit, and wait the 10 weeks for the car to arrive. Do I still qualify for the incentive? Because I won't be taking delivery until April. Yet, the January $1000 cash incentive usually has small print that says "must take delivery by Feb 1, 2013".
Do the incentives only count towards cars on the lot?
Or could I qualify for the incentive in April, (whatever it may be at that time) when I actually take delivery?
If I can only qualify for incentives at the time of delivery, how do you factor that in once you visit the dealer to pick up your car?
Because your negotiated price was finalized back in January.

Thanks for any info, advise you can provide!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
WhiteCollar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 4 Series

Garage List
2016 BMW 428 GC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
I'm looking at purchasing(ordering) a new bmw in the next week or so. I've researched lots on the forums and checked out carcostcanada.com
One question I have is around any factory incentives that expire. Especially cash.
Lets say there is a $1000 factory to dealer cash incentive that I would be eligable for. Lets pretend the cash incentive expires Feb 1, 2013.
I order the car on Jan 25th, 2013. Put down the deposit, and wait the 10 weeks for the car to arrive. Do I still qualify for the incentive? Because I won't be taking delivery until April. Yet, the January $1000 cash incentive usually has small print that says "must take delivery by Feb 1, 2013".
Do the incentives only count towards cars on the lot?
Or could I qualify for the incentive in April, (whatever it may be at that time) when I actually take delivery?
If I can only qualify for incentives at the time of delivery, how do you factor that in once you visit the dealer to pick up your car?
Because your negotiated price was finalized back in January.

Thanks for any info, advise you can provide!

I had both choices. My CA made it in such a way that I could benefit from both dates (placed the order date AND picked up the car date). Unfortunately, because I ordered the car in August, the incentives for a 2013 model were not very appealing to say the least. I still negotiated a good deal. As well, when I picked up the car (in October), I revised the contract and updated it with any new incentives/offers that the dealership had then.

To make the story short, I was satisfied with what I got. Could it have been better? I suppose so, but there is no point in dwelling on it. The further you get into the year, the better the deals become and that's a fact.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Not sure about cash purchase incentives, but I know for the last two 3 series that I have leased my sales person had locked in all incentives from the time the car was ordered until delivery (both were factory orders). As well if incentives improved prior to delivery I would have been entitled to them as well.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0