E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Service data in the remote control

08-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
roy@gambitmotorsport
Something Else
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i coupe 6MT

Service data in the remote control

OK, so I've just finished up reading the Owner's Manual for my new 335i coupe and on page 133 there's a section that reads like this:

Service data in the remote control
--
Your vehicle continuously stores service-requirement information in the remote control while you are driving. Your BMW Service Advisor can read out this data from the remote control unit, and propose an optimized maintenance approach. Whenever you tak your care in for servicing you should therefore hand your BMW Service Advisor the remote control unit that you last used

Now, I'm a "company man", but still find this very interesting. Does it tell them if I tried to hit 155mph? Does it tell them my max cornering Gs (the car has several accelerometers)? Does it pass on the MP3 tags of the music I'm playing? This is mostly in jest, but I'm still interested if anyone knows the details.

I searched for "remote data", "service data", "control data", and "remote control" and didn't find anything relevant.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
Joe Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2015 X5 x35i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I don't know what it stores, but I do know one thing: If I were to bring my car in for something that I think might be even remotely due to my driving style, you bet your ass I'd be bringing it in with the spare fob.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
roy@gambitmotorsport
Something Else
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i coupe 6MT

Good call!
Appreciate 0